Crashing at Miss Sophie’s

Three historic buildings in Prague.
Looking out of our hostel window. (Photo by Lauren Klamm)

Hostels can be dark, stinky and dreary but some of them can be as extravagant as a classy hotel. While traveling through Europe my travel buddy and I stayed in seven different hostels.  Each of them had their own personality and unique qualities. In Prague, we stayed in Miss Sophie’s Hostel, and it was by far my favorite hostel experience.

Miss Sophie’s had a friendly and helpful staff. The moment we walked in they were funny and informative. This hostel is also in an excellent location, only a block away from the metro station.

The best part of our time at Miss Sophie’s was the room. We stayed in a 6 bed female dorm style room, which had its own bathroom and a full sized kitchen. The beds are spread out and there are NO BUNK BEDS (thank goodness) and each bed is equipped with its own electrical outlet and towel hook.

Miss Sophie’s is inside of several  historic buildings, but inside is modern and clean. The hostel really knows how to cater to their guests. They provide Wi-Fi throughout the hostel, have 24 hour reception so you can check in at any time of day or night and they provide a free luggage room, in case you check out and still want to explore the city without all of your gear.

If you decide to stay here be sure to pick up a customized map from the hostel, they have a simplified version of the metro system to help you get around.

I didn’t get a chance to try out their lounge or breakfast because we were too busy site seeing. But, Miss Sophie’s does offer a lounge downstairs from the reception and a hot brunch and buffet for 170 CZK/ 8.99 USD. To me this seems pretty expensive for a Czech breakfast, but I can’t judge since I didn’t try it.

For one night in Miss Sophie’s 6 bed female dorm we each paid about 700 CZK/38 USD and it was well worth it.