Khalid White sentenced in murder trial of Kimberlee Graves

Khalid White was sentenced to 30 years in prison for the murder of a 41-year-old Fort Collins woman Thursday, according to The Coloradoan.

White, 30, was sentenced to 30 years at The Department of Corrections after he pled guilty to second-degree murder in the trial for the murder of Kimberlee Graves at the Larimer County Justice Center.

Graves was last seen on Dec. 4 2017 and was reported missing on Dec. 8.

Police said Graves was reportedly killed on the morning of Dec. 5, and her body was discovered in Lory State Park by a ranger on duty on Jan. 9, according to The Coloradoan.

The Larimer County Coroner’s Office ruled Grave’s death as a homicide due to her injuries. According to the Larimer County Coroner’s Office, there was evidence of blunt-force trauma, signs of strangulation and evidence that could be indicative of sexual assault.

The physical evidence found on scene implicated White’s responsibility for the murder. Data obtained from White’s phone also connected him to the crime. White’s DNA was found on the sheets that were wrapped around Grave’s body, as well as traces inside her body.

Investigators used his phone records and search history to tie him to the crime, and his DNA was also found on the pillowcase and sheets wrapped around Graves’ body, as well as inside her body,” Sady Swanson reported for The Coloradoan. “Physical evidence as well as the fact that White attempted to flee to California after the killing were ‘damning.'”

According to The Coloradoan, White faced seven other felony charges: first-degree murder after deliberation, two counts of felony murder, sexual assault, tampering with a deceased body, robbery, identity theft and motor vehicle theft.

After pleading guilty to second-degree murder, the seven other charges attributed to White were dropped as part of a plea agreement in court.

In addition to his conviction for the murder of Kimberlee Graves, Khalid White will also be serving an extra four years in prison for a child abuse case from 2017.

White remains in custody at the Larimer County Jail without bond, and is next due in court on March 19.

This investigation is ongoing, and anyone with information regarding the death of Kimberlee Graves is asked to contact Fort Collins Police at 970-416-2825 or by email at tipsline@fcgov.com.

Olivia Armagno can be reached at news@collegian.com or on Twitter @OArmagno.