Annual Grill the Buffs to be held Wednesday

Grill the Buffs, the annual barbeque before the Rocky Mountain Showdown, is set to take place Wednesday, Aug. 29.

From 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., 2000 buffalo burgers will be served in the Sculpture Garden west of the Lory Student Center.

The yearly event, meant to hype up students before the annual rivalry game against the University of Colorado-Boulder, typically brings in large crowds and is expected to run out of burgers by the end of the event.

New this year will be the inclusion of veggie burgers for students not wanting to eat the buffalo burgers.

Another new addition will be “a huge screen that shows highlights of the football team of the last 20 years,” said Associated Students of Colorado State University President Tristan Syron. “That’ll be pretty robust.”

Head football coach Mike Bobo is scheduled to be the special guest of the event.

Various local vendors will also be attending the barbeque, handing out prizes to students.

For new freshmen at CSU, Grill the Buffs is one of the programs included in the 50 First Days they are encouraged to go to.

The Rocky Mountain Showdown will be held this Friday at Mile High Stadium against the CU Boulder Buffaloes. 

Stuart Smith can be reached at news@collegian.com or on Twitter @stuartsmithnews.