CSU student excluded from campus for threatening behavior

A Colorado State University student who displayed threatening behavior was recently excluded from campus for making generalized violent threats towards the CSU community and schools, according to a campus-wide email sent out Thursday afternoon by the CSU Police Department and Public Safety Team.

Joshua “Yeshua” Jackson, a junior at Colorado State University, has been excluded from campus and University-owned property due to threatening behavior and generalized threats of violence toward schools and the CSU community. (Photo courtesy of the CSU Public Safety Team)

Joshua “Yeshua” Jackson, a junior studying pre-construction management, has been charged with verbally accosting people earlier this week, a bias-motivated crime and engaging in physical violence while in police custody. These charges are connected to his exclusion from campus, which means that Jackson is not legally allowed on campus or any University-owned property.

Jackson was in training to become a disk jockey at 90.5 FM KCSU, the student-run radio station of Rocky Mountain Student Media Corporation, and had been in the RMSMC offices this past week to complete his DJ training, according to an email from Hannah Copeland, the general manager of KCSU. 

Hannah Copeland, the general manager at 90.5 KCSU student radio, said in an email to the Collegian that Jackson was in training to be a DJ at KCSU and has volunteered at KCSU in the past.

Jackson is described as being 6’1” and 160 pounds, and has black hair and brown eyes.

Anyone who sees Jackson on or by campus, which includes University Village housing in the Campus West area, is encouraged to immediately call or text 911, or call CSUPD’s non-emergency phone number at (970) 491-6425.

Collegian news reporter Matt Bailey can be reached at news@collegian.com or on Twitter @matnes1999.