Larimer County, Colorado amendment results

Editor’s Note: As of 9:40 p.m. Tuesday night, 60 percent of the votes were counted. Most issues and candidates can be called, with the exception of Amendment T and Proposition 108. These issues are still too close to call.

Colorado Election Results

U.S. Senator: Michael Bennet (D)

Amendment T: Failed: Colorado voters did not amend the Colorado constitution to remove an exception to the prohibition of slavery and involuntary servitude when used as punishment for persons duly convicted of a crime. The vote was close, with only 50.84 percent voting no and 49.16 percent voting yes.

Amendment U: Failed. There will not be an amendment to the Colorado constitution concerning an exemption from property taxation for a possessory interest in real property. The amendment would have only applied if the actual value of the interest is less than or equal to $6,000.

Amendment 69:Failed. Taxes will not be increased by $25 billion annually in the first fiscal year by an amendment to the Colorado constitution establishing a health care payment system to fund health care for all individuals whose primary residence is in Colorado.

Amendment 70: Passed. Colorado will increase the minimum wage to $9.30 per hour this January. Then, there will be annual increases of $0.90 each Jan. 1 until it reaches $12 per hour effective January 2020 and annually adjusting it after for cost-of-living increases.

Amendment 71: Passed. There will be an amendment to the Colorado constitution making it more difficult to amend the Colorado constitution.

Amendment 72: Failed. There will not be an increase in tobacco taxes. The amendment would have increased tobacco and cigarette tax revenue by $315.7 million.

Proposition 106: Passed. Permits any mentally capable adult who is terminally ill and has a medical prognosis of death within six months to receive a prescription from a wiling licensed physician for medication to bring about death.

Proposition 107: Passed. Colorado voted to recreate a presidential primary election in which unaffiliated electors may vote without declaring an affiliation with a political party. The primary will be held before the end of March in each presidential election year.

Proposition 108: Passed: A majority of Colorado voted to allow unaffiliated electors to vote in primary elections of a political party without declaring an affiliation, as of 9:40 p.m. The proposition also allows a political party in specific circumstances to select all of its candidates by assembly or convention instead of by primary election.

Larimer County Representatives

Representative to the 115th United States Congress District 2: Jared Polis (D)

State Representative District 2: Alec Garnett (D)

District Attorney 2nd Judicial District: Beth McCann (D)

Commissioner District 2: Steve Johnson (R)

Larimer County Ballot Issues

Ballot Issue 1A: Failed. Taxes will not be increased in order to construct, maintain and operate a treatment and detox facility for mental health, substance abuse and alcohol abuse.

Ballot Issue 1B: Passed. Without increasing taxes, the citizens of Larimer County Colorado re-establish Larimer County’s right to provide telecommunication services restricted since 2005 by Title 29, Article 27 of the Colorado Revised Statutes.

Ballot Issue 200: Failed. Taxes will not be increased to establish a Larimer Scientific and Cultural Facilities District.

Ballot Issue 2A: Passed. The city may keep and spend all revenues related to the “Keep Fort Collins Great” sales and use tax city voters approved in 2010.

Ballot Issue 3B: Passed. Poudre School District R-1 taxes will increase by up to $8 million annually for the payment of district operating costs. These may include operating costs for new buildings, school staff, school materials, equipment, technology and financial support to existing schools for growth.

Ballot Issue 3C: Passed. Poudre school district R-1 debt will be increased by up to $375 million with a maximum repayment cost of up to $629 million. District taxes will be increased by up to $34.9 million annually for the purpose of acquiring, constructing, improving, equipping, and furnishing district buildings.

Ballot Issue 5F: Passed. Poudre River Library district will keep all revenues from the 3 million property tax levy approved by voters in 2006. The district will continue to collect and spend the tax revenue at the approved 3 million rate authorized in 2006.