High-speed vehicle pursuit endangers woman, child in car

A wanted man was arrested in Fort Collins after a high-speed vehicle pursuit Tuesday with a woman and child in the car.

Grabowski, Christopher.jpg
Christopher Grabowski was wanted for a felony arrest warrant for robbery and attempted to evade authorities in a high-speed car chase Tuesday. (Photo courtesy of Larimer County Sheriff’s Office)

Christopher Grabowski was wanted for a felony arrest warrant for robbery and had evaded Fort Collins Police Services officers two times previously that day.

Grabowski was spotted in a silver Mitsubishi sedan around 7:50 p.m. by East Mulberry Street and Interstate 25.

A deputy attempted a traffic stop, but Grabowski refused to stop the vehicle. Grabowski continued south on I-25 and west on Prospect Road. Grabowski drove through several red lights and was reached speeds up to 85 miles per hour.

Grabowski had a woman and child in the vehicle with him at the time of the chase. The woman reportedly asked him to stop and let them out of the vehicle, but Grabowski did not comply.

Deputies placed spike strips near Specht Point Drive, but Grabowski continued to drive with flat tires.

Grabowski hit another vehicle after running a red light at the Prospect Road and Riverside Avenue intersection. The occupants of the other vehicle were taken to a local hospital to check for injuries and were shortly released.

Deputies took Grabowski into custody after the crash. The woman and child were treated for minor injuries at the scene and Grabowski was taken to a local hospital for further evaluation of minor injuries.

Grabowski was taken into custody and booked into Larimer County Jail with allegations including warrant fail to comply robbery, vehicular eluding and 2nd degree kidnapping.

Collegian reporter Hailey Deaver can be reached at news@collegian.com or on Twitter @autumn_hail.