UPDATE: Pedestrian hit by vehicle in Old Town Tuesday evening

Update: 8:25 a.m. Sept. 2

A 1989 Maroon Pontiac sedan, driven by 75-year-old Mary Filson, entered the intersection of College and Mountain Avenues on a green light Tuesday evening, according to a press release. The pedestrian, 30-year-old Benjamin Sheehan, was struck by the Pontiac upon crossing the north crosswalk from west to east.

Sheehan was crossing against a red pedestrian signal light, according to the press release. Sheehan was taken to Medical Center of the Rockies for treatment of moderate injuries. Filson was not injured.

Investigators processed the scene for about two hours after the incident occurred at 9:44 p.m. The investigation is continuing and charges are pending, according to the press release.

Anyone who has information about the collision is advised to contact Officer Shane Hasebroock at (970) 221-6555.

Original:

[new_royalslider id=”364″]

Photos: Cameron Bumsted.

A pedestrian was hit by a vehicle at the intersection of North College and East Mountain avenues just before 10 p.m Tuesday.

The vehicle was driving north on College Avenue, while the pedestrian was walking east while crossing at Mountain Avenue, according to Fort Collins Police Sgt. Joel Tower. The Fort Collins Police Crash Team arrived to the scene at about 10:35 p.m.

The pedestrian was taken by ambulance to the Medical Center of the Rockies in Loveland by the Crash Team. The pedestrian was breathing when the Crash Team arrived.

Tower said he is unsure if the pedestrian was under the influence, or the extent of the pedestrian’s injuries.

It is currently unclear if the car or the pedestrian had the right of way.

Stay tuned with the Collegian for updates on this developing story.

https://twitter.com/savvie_wavvie/status/638932155633012736