5 songs that will bring the passion back to your sad, lonely sex life

Step aside, Cosmo. We here at The Wake Up Slap are taking over as the authority on love, intimacy and, most importantly, awesome sex.

This week, we’re taking on a conundrum many couples find themselves faced with in the bedroom: What tunes do you choose to get you in the mood? 

Have no fear, The Wake Up Slap is here, and we’ve assembled a compilation of sultry, sexy songs for all your intercourse desires. Load these songs into the queue, grab your lover and get ready for the best, most perfectly accompanied sex of your life.

1. “All Star” – Smash Mouth

The first step to great sex is confidence! That’s why we’re kicking off this playlist with this self-love ballad by Smash Mouth. This 1999 classic was a smash hit, making it the perfect song for retro-heads to smash to now. 

2. “Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus” – Helen Howarth Lemmel 

There’s nothing like a 1922 Christian classic like this one to spice things up in the bedroom. The soothing melody, the a cappella style and the unique themes within the song will definitely bring something new and unexpected to your next sexy night.

3. “He Stopped Loving Her Today” – George Jones

Is your sex life lacking in some drama? We’ve got something to fix that — tears! This smooth country ballad by George Jones tells the story of a man falling out of love with his long-term partner. It may not be your first thought when considering what to put on your sex playlist, but believe us, this one is a must. When the song reaches its sad, sensational climax, so will you. 

4.Fruit Salad” – The Wiggles

This song won’t just get you and your partner smiling over the nostalgia of childhood, but it will remind you of the importance of eating healthy. Take in the subliminal themes of this classic tune, and remember to prepare a nutritionally balanced snack for when you’re done.

5. “Heaven Knows I’m Miserable Now” – The Smiths

To mix things up a bit, we’ve turned to the person who has established himself as the worst person to turn to for relationship advice. In his music, Morrissey often references his passionless love life, failed relationships and lack of intimacy. For the couples who crave something a little different in their playlist, “Heaven Knows I’m Miserable Now” is indeed an incredibly unique tune to add.

Lauryn Bolz can be reached at entertainment@collegian.com or on Twitter @LaurynBolz.