7 songs to get you in mood for back to school

The weeks coming back to school can be stress-inducing, so it’s important for students to remember to relax and enjoy the beautiful walk or bike ride to school. Whether you’re commuting to class, getting ready to go out or just relaxing, a great playlist is the best way to say goodbye to summer. Here are seven songs to add to your back-to-school playlist to help uplift your spirits as you return.

1. “BLOW” – Ed Sheeran, Chris Stapleton & Bruno Mars

From his most recent album, “No. 5 Collaborations Project,” “BLOW” isn’t the typical Ed Sheeran song. Along with the guitar riffs, the voices of these three artists working together have created a song to get you pumped up and energized to get things done before classes begin. 

2. “8TEEN” – Khalid

The Grammy Award nominee singer/songwriter Khalid has many songs that will get you to sit back and relax. Even if you are no longer 18, this nostalgic song brings back memories from those teenage days. Listening to this will give you some motivation for back to school if you do as Khalid says, and “shake away all the stress off my shoulders, gonna have a good day.”

3. “Castle” – Halsey

Halsey is a very successful pop/alternative female voice of today. Her song “Castle,” from her album “Badlands,” will get you feeling empowered and unstoppable. Listening to this as you get ready for school will make you want to conquer this semester.

4. “Life Must Go On” – Quinn XCII 

This year, the Detroit-based singer and songwriter, Quinn XCII, released his second album, “From Michigan With Love.” The song “Life Must Go On” is a perfect song to say goodbye to summer. It’s hard to let go of summer break, but this song reminds us to let go of it and enjoy what is about to come next. Quinn XCII reminds the listener, “life must go on, one blink, then it’s all gone, I said life must go on, even when you know it’s all wrong.” 

5. “Mr. Blue Sky” – Electric Light Orchestra 

The British group created a classic song that radiates positive energy whenever played. Listening to this will lighten up your mood on your commute to class or in between study sessions. 

6. “Be Alright” – Ariana Grande

Ariana Grande is one of the top pop female vocalists right now. With a catchy chorus, her song “Be Alright,” off her 2016 album “Dangerous Woman,” is a reminder that even with the stress from school, at the end of the day, everything will be alright. This song is a perfect all-year-long motivational song to keep you going through the long days and nights ahead. 

7. “Good Time” – Ocean Park Standoff 

The lyric “stop stressin’ and start countin’ blessings” is the reminder we all need to remain grateful, even throughout our heavy workload. This song was released this year by Los Angeles-based trio Ocean Park Standoff. If you are feeling low about this school year coming up, this song can get you to think of the many exciting things you can do this year. 

Emily Pisqui can be reached at entertainment@collegian.com or on Twitter @EmilyPisq15.