Downtown Lighting Ceremony to ring in the holiday season on Friday

There always seems to be something amazing happening in the historic Old Town of Fort Collins, and Friday, Nov. 4, will be no different. To begin the holiday season, every alleyway and sidewalk of Old Town will be illuminated with thousands of sustainable LED string lights, and they will remain lit until Valentine’s Day.

This festive display will stretch seven blocks from College Avenue, to the northern boundary of Laporte Avenue and then south to Magnolia Street, so there’s no way you will miss these amazing lights.

According to a press release, The Downtown Holiday Lighting Ceremony will start at 5:30 p.m. in the Oak Street Plaza located on the corner of College Avenue and Oak Street. With some great live music to be expected, Old Town shops will be giving shoppers complimentary treats that include fudge from Kilwin’s, sweets from Mary’s Mountain Cookies and hot chocolate from Old Town Spice Shop.

“At 6:30 p.m., members of the Downtown Business Association and Downtown Development Authority will address the crowd and ‘flip the switch’ on the thousands of stunning light strands lining the streets of our cherished downtown,” according to the Downtown Fort Collins Website.

After the ceremony under beautiful lights, attendees can enjoy the Old Town shop’s extended hours. Many of the shops will offer special holiday deals and discounts so that costumers can get all their shopping for the holidays done in one place. In addition to great shopping, the unique art of Fort Collins will be on display during the monthly First Friday Gallery Walk presented by The Group.

If you do not want to walk, drive or bike to the function, head to 100 E. Mountain Ave. where throughout the night, where you can ride through Old Town in style with Colorado Carriage and Wagon. The ride will be complete with complimentary hot chocolate and cookies.

This event is completely free, and is a great way to connect with friends and family while helping make the season beautiful.

For more information, visit downtownfortcollins.com.