Celebrate Halloween with concerts near and far

If you don’t have plans for Halloween yet, there are still plenty of options for a fun weekend.
While the bars and parties are always an option, those looking for their musical needs to be satisfied have many great opportunities this year. Whether you are trying to stay local or travel, here is a list of some of the best places to have a good time:
The Aggie will be hosting Slim Cessna’s Auto Club on Thursday, Oct. 30. The country/bluegrass band was formed in 1992 in Denver and has been performing ever since. One of their most popular tracks is “This Land is Our Land Redux.”
On Friday, Oct. 31 Musketeer Gripweed with The Yawpers and Bill Smith will be performing.
Hodi’s will be grooving to the funk music of The Werks vs Zoogma on Thursday, Oct. 30. Dynohunter will also be attending as an opener. The rock band The Werks has been playing together since 2007. Zoogma is a four person band known for their hit “Okami.” With the show being a versus show, it can be assumed that the two bands will likely play together at certain points.
On Friday, Oct. 31, Euforquestra will be playing their progressive funk music. Known for hosting their own festival, this is a band that has made a splash in the jam music scene.
On a larger scale, the Denver’s Fillmore Auditorium will be hosting “Hallow Freakn Ween” on Friday, Oct. 31. This mini-festival is put on by Global Dance Music, (the same company that puts on Globaldub, Globaldane, and Decadence) and promises extravagance. Above & Beyond (an internationally known dance music artist), Stafford Brothers, M4Sonic, Toper Jones, Illesium and Said The Sky will all be performing at this show.
Mimosa will be playing at the in Denver’s Ogden Theatre on Thursday, Oct. 30 and at the Boulder Theater on Friday, Oct. 31. Mimosa is known for performing darkly artistic dance music. He is probably best known for his song “Psychedelic Stereo.”
Regardless of what your music taste is, there is something to see this Halloween weekend. There is plenty to hear in town, but if you are really looking for an all-out event, Denver or Boulder may be the place to go. Regardless of where you go or what you do, be safe and happy Halloween.
Collegian A&E Music Beat Writer Royce Hoffner can be reached at entertainment@collegian.com or on Twitter @RoyceHoffner.