5 Strategies for Landing Your Dream Job After Graduation

Graduated and feeling lost about your next steps? Looking to set up your life, find a good job, and earn money? Who doesn’t want that, right?...

Our Print Edition
Courtesy of Democratic Socialists of America Fort Collins
Palestine Benefit Concert supports local families through art, music
Cadence Cardona, Staff Reporter • July 14, 2024
National: Shooting at Trump rally leaves attendee dead, violence condemned by Colorado politicians
Allie Seibel, Editor in Chief • July 14, 2024
A graphic of a mother and daughter walking down a red, white and blue striped path facing fireworks in the distance. At the base of the path is a small brown truck.
Fort Collins' annual Independence Day Parade draws international crowd
Sophia Masia, Staff Reporter • July 9, 2024
In an indoor gym, a woman track athlete holds a shotput ball above her head in preparation to throw.
Morris, Lesnar, Hawkins represent Rams in US Summer Olympics team trials
Adam Gross, Staff Reporter • July 7, 2024
View All

Foodie Walk features free, football-themed snacks

Foodie Walk participants stopped by the Savory Spice Shop to sample chocolate zucchini cake and strawberries with lavender infused simple syrup at the last Foodie Walk on Friday, June 20. (Photo credit: Lawrence Lam)

Downtown Fort Collins is hosting its monthly Foodie Walk Friday night for Fort Collins residents to enjoy an evening of free food from local vendors.

The Foodie Walk is a self-guided tour through Old Town where various shops are set up for participants to walk in, sample new foods and learn about new ways to cook.

“The Foodie Walk was started to get people who like to cook or create foods have the opportunity to learn new recipes, food pairings, cooking techniques cookware options or serving/ presentation options,” said Tamara O’Dell, interim membership manager for Downtown Fort Collins. “Our retailer participants think this is a great opportunity to get people in their stores who otherwise might not have come in. It also provides regular customers the opportunity to learn about new food/serving options.”

This month, nine vendors will be participating, including Kilwin’s Chocolate and Ice Cream, Blue Skies Winery and The Cupboard.

“The Foodie Walk is something that is fun for the community,” Jim Hewitt, owner of The Cupboard said. “We have a community that is very interested in food and we want to participate in something that caters to that crowd … It’s been a fun adventure for us.”

Each Foodie Walk is different, with the theme changing every time. This month, the featured food is based on football and the Superbowl, so participants can learn about new foods and recipes to incorporate in their game day meals.

Featured foods include chips and dips, caramel corn and blue and orange Broncos-themed cheese.

For Taylor Blomquist, senior international soil and crop sciences major, the Foodie Walk allowed her to try something new.

“I went into shops that I wouldn’t generally go into,” Blomquist said. “It was a fun adventure to new places with delicious foods.”

O’Dell said this event is a great way for the community to connect more with the local businesses in Fort Collins.

“[The businesses participate because] it showcases their businesses and products,” O’Dell said. “It promotes shopping local, promotes a community experience in Old Town and provides an opportunity to get friends together for a group event and meet other like-minded individuals.”

Besides just getting to sample foods, Hewitt hopes that it helps teach residents about the industry.

“Our hope is that you become better educated with food in the end,” Hewitt said.

The Foodie Walk is a free event that anyone can attend. The event is from 5-8 p.m. and attendees can find a map and a list of all the businesses participating on the Downtown Fort Collins website.

Collegian A&E Assistant Editor Taylor Pettaway can be reached at entertainment@collegian.com or on Twitter @TaylorPettaway.