Gear up for the Rocky Mountain Showdown with good drinks around town

The Boot Grill's RAM Chips (waffle fries, blue cheese crumbles, bacon,scallion, and buff ranch sauce), Coors, and Coors Light are apart of specials that will be served during the Rocky Mountain Showdown. (Photo credit: Eliot Foust)
The Boot Grill’s RAM Chips (waffle fries, blue cheese crumbles, bacon, scallion, and buff ranch sauce), Coors and Coors Light are part of specials that will be served during the Rocky Mountain Showdown. (Photo credit: Eliot Foust)

The Rocky Mountain Showdown, taking place Friday at 7 p.m., calls for fun preparation and celebration. For Fort Collins Ram fans, that could mean a night of bar hopping excitement, so knowing the places to go and the specials offered around town will be important.

The following list compiles a few local hang out spots and some special deals offered for Friday night’s game:

130 W. Laurel St.
The Grill takes pride in its ties to the CSU athletic department, and encourages Ram fans to watch the game at the bar for a fun and exciting atmosphere. They’ll be offering $2 Coors and Coors Light beers. Their menu, normally listing Buffalo chips, will now be serving Ram chips in the spirit of the game. 

1020 E. Lincoln Ave.
Bar tender Tony Paquette recommends their popular cocktail, 1020 Whiskey Smash. This cocktail is a mix of Breckinridge bourbon and house-made ginger mint orange soda, providing an explosion of flavor. For your fruity side, this brewery also offers a Grapefruit Cooler, comprised of Spring 44 Gin, Rocky Mountain elderberry soda and freshly-squeezed grapefruit.

23 Old Town Square
They’ll be offering $3 Fireball shots to rev up for the game, as well as $5 Long Island Iced Teas to cool off after.

133 Remington St.
Try out their popular brew, Space Ghost, which combines hoppy flavors with pine and grapefruit for a smooth drinking experience. The staff hails this brew as their top crowd pleaser.

800 E. Lincoln Ave.
The place to go for a Double Pilsner beer if you want to get a good buzz on, or a lighter Loose Leaf if you’re just looking to relax and enjoy the game.

1900 E. Lincoln Ave.
Try their popular Saison ale, a blend of orange, lemon verbena, ginger and pepper to excite the senses. It even comes in a green bottle for full CSU pride.

132 Laporte Ave.
Happy hour will be extended until 7 p.m., and $4 Long Island Iced Teas will be offered specifically for the game.

148 W. Mountain Ave.
Grab a couple $6 pitchers of PBR and $2 Jager shots for game night, a special they run every Friday.

151 S. College Ave.
Take them up on their offer of $2 Budweiser beers as well as $2 Budlights until 11 p.m. Friday night.

632 S. Mason St.
Drink specials will continue into the morning after the game, including $3 Ketel One Spicy Bloody Marys, Irish coffees, mimosas and beermosas. Alongside their drink specials they will also cook up breakfast starting at 8 a.m., three hours earlier than their regular business hours.
Collegian A&E Writer Caitlyn Berman can be reached at entertainment@collegian.com.