Colorado concerts to end summer on a high note

Before the season comes to a close and school is back is session, be sure to check out some of the August concerts and music festivals in Colorado.

Warped Tour 2014 presented by Vans

Sports Authority Field at Mile High, Sunday, Aug. 3

This event features over 100 bands, some up-and-coming and others widely known, playing on various stages set up in the parking lot of Sports Authority Field at Mile High. This year’s lineup includes Watsky, Of Mice and Men, Falling in Reverse, All Time Low, Bayside, The Color Morale and many more.

Tickets for Warped Tour are on sale now for $47.45, and can be purchased through the event’s website.

Motley Crue: The Final Tour

The Pepsi Center, Saturday, Aug. 2

If you are looking for a blast from the past in the form of iconic ’80s rock ‘n’ roll, don’t miss Motley Crue: The Final Tour, with special guest Alice Cooper. Motley Crue is the first band to sign a binding “Cessation Of Touring” agreement, meaning that this is the last chance to see them perform live.

Ticket prices range from $79.95 all the way up to $4,000 if you want the ultimate VIP concert experience. Visit the event’s website to purchase tickets.

1964 – The Tribute

Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Friday, Aug. 22

In honor of the 50th anniversary of The Beatles, 1964  The Tribute will be held at Red Rocks Amphitheater. This is a chance to relive the summer of 1964, when The Beatles first played on the Red Rocks stage. The show features vintage costumes, hairstyles and band mannerisms that are enough to bring the audience to “way back when.”

Tickets are all general admission and can be purchased through the event website for $32.

Bands on the Bricks

Pearl Street Mall, Wednesdays through Aug. 20

Every Wednesday through Aug. 20, downtown Boulder hosts Bands on the Bricks with live music from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.. The concerts are free to attend, and a beer, wine and margarita garden starts at 5:30 p.m. Bands on the Bricks features local musicians of varying genres, such as Dirty Heads, Fort Frances and the crowd-favored Hazel Miller Band.

Get together with your family and friends, and celebrate a summer well spent to the beat of your favorite music.

Honorable Mentions:
Lady Gaga – Aug. 6, Pepsi Center
Pretty Lights – Aug. 8Red Rocks
Bruno Mars – Aug. 17, Fiddler’s Green
Wiz Khalifa – Aug. 19, Red Rocks

Collegian Staff Reporter Haleigh McGill can be reached at entertainment@collegian.com.