Seven date nights under $25

Horse Drawn Carriage Ride

Price: $25 for a couple, $40 for double date

Nothing says romantic like a cozy carriage ride through Old Town. With the Christmas lights up and the air crisp, your comfiest mittens and favorite person are all you need for this date. After a nice dinner, grab a warm drink and enjoy a ride through Fort Collins with your sweetheart. Freshman human development and family studies major, Morgan Jones, shares that the carriage ride would be “intimate and romantic.” Additionally, the Christmas lights make the ride all the more inspiring! Contact Colorado Carriage and Wagon at (970) 490 – 1598.

Hot Cocoa at Chocolate Café

Price: Small hot cocoa is $4, large is $8

Chocolate Café, located on the corner of Olive Street and College Avenue, is heaven for the dessert lover. Any date can be completed with a nice and satisfying dessert. Chocolate Café offers a hot chocolate that will radically surpass your typical homemade packaged hot chocolate. According to engineering major, Keaton Laden, “Hot chocolate brings a good cheer during the winter days and a hot chocolate date brings a good social aspect to a relationship.” Bring your date to Chocolate Café to enjoy conversation, a homey environment and a drink that will satiate your chocolate cravings.

Date Night at Social

Price: Drinks average anywhere from $6 – $11 each

Social offers a swanky and romantic environment for a couple looking to experience a night of creatively prepared cocktails and intimate alone time. Locally owned and underground, this bar is the perfect spot for a couple interested in having a smooth drink and small appetizer together. Located in Old Town Square, Social is a great after or before dinner scene, but could also be your one stop for the night. Catering to all of your Friday night needs, Social offers you and your date a fancy night dedicated to laughter and each other.

Starry Night Coffee Date

Price: Chai lattes cost $3.55 – $4.25 per cup

There is no better way to get to know someone than over a latte or cup of coffee. Starry Night, located on College Ave., is an inviting coffee shop that encourages conversation and positive energy—all the more reason to consider Starry Night for a lighthearted date. Whether in the morning or evening, Starry Night will satisfy your chai latte addiction and provide you and your date with an environment that will encourage you to get to know one another better.

Lyric Cinema Café Movie Night

Price: $14

If you are looking for a comfortable movie date night, Lyric Café is a quaint spot to enjoy “a new smaller movie (that will never come to the bigger theaters), [sitting] on a couch, [drinking] a glass of wine or beer, [and enjoying] some good finger foods [while relaxing]” (The Lyric Café). For $14, you and your date together can enjoy a small movie atmosphere. Watching a movie together is always a great excuse to cozy up. Whether it’s a study break this week, or a Saturday night post-dinner event, the Lyric invites you to a comfy and relaxed night spent together.

Garden of Lights (2145 Centre Ave., Fort Collins, CO 80526)

Garden of Lights, offered every evening from 5 – 9 p.m. through Jan. 1, is an outdoor event that invites you and your sweetheart to enjoy a walk through the gardens that are lit by thousands of LED lights. You can enjoy the beauty of the gardens and spirit of the holiday lights all in one. Walking together through a garden glowing with Christmas lights is a festive way to spend a chilly evening. Grab a warm drink and get into the Christmas spirit by enjoying the brilliantly lit gardens in Fort Collins.

Watching CSU Football Game and Baking Cookies

Football and cookies: The two are a mean combination. If you enjoy baking, and your special someone enjoys watching CSU win, then you may want to consider a football and cookie dedicated afternoon. With CSU playing in the New Mexico Bowl on Dec. 21, and cookie recipes overloading Pinterest, there is no reason to not combine the two. As winter break kicks into gear and the Rams kick off, you and your date can enjoy preparing a warm batch of cookies together while watching the game. Business major Chris Sojka says “Cuddling and watching a football game is a great way to spend time together.” In addition, baking together builds connection and can only result in laughter, and enjoying a game that will go down in Ram history is a great way to spend a winter afternoon.

Collegian Entertainment Reporter Rae Ehly can be reached at entertainment@collegian.com.