Meet the editor: Renee Ziel, night editor

Renee Ziel is the night editor at The Collegian this year. She has been at the paper for two years, first writing opinion and later moving to her true journalistic passion, copy editing.

As the head of the copy desk, Ziel aims to work with The Collegian’s talented team in a friendly, hardworking environment to create the cleanest and most factual paper in Northern Colorado. While doing that, the copy desk satisfies the long-running joke she has about editors just wanting to demonstrate that they know things.

When not cursing the Associated Press for the lack of Oxford commas, Ziel can be found immersing herself in writing fiction novels and poetry. She is double majoring in journalism and political science, concentrating in global policy, and therefore also has a desire to solve humanitarian issues across the globe.

“Ziel aims to work with The Collegian’s talented team … to create the cleanest and most factual paper in Northern Colorado.”

Despite being driven to change the world, Ziel understands that true change starts locally. The Collegian’s focus on Fort Collins and Colorado State University is a heartwarming one, and The Collegian’s own camp is one that has become a home away from home.

Ziel is only one cog — albeit a big one — in an unwavering machine that wants to provide entertainment and unbiased news to our valuable college community.

Renee Ziel can be reached at copy@collegian.com or on Twitter @reneezwrites.