CSU Mountain Riders Club

SPONSORED CONTENT

By Allyson Lammers (Mountain Riders Club Secretary)  

As a club, we strive to educate our members in a fun and engaging environment about as many aspects of the equine/agricultural industry as possible. Many of our members are not Equine or Animal Science majors, or have their own horses, so we make sure to include a wide variety of topics throughout the year, though we try to focus heavier on the packing/outfitting/trail aspects of the industry to prepare our members for our annual spring pack trip. Some of the topics we focus on are either not included in CSU’s curriculum, or are quickly bypassed, which furthers student education. Our goal for the club is for members to have a safe place to come, learn, have fun, make friends, and improve their skills and confidence in a judgement free zone.

Yearly Events-

Pack Trip: We will be traveling to Gypsum, CO May 4th-6th for a two night excursion in the mountains. We will be packing all of our gear on horses for a 4 hour ride to and from the camping site. This is a very fun and exciting trip that builds relationships, creates memories, incorporates many of the skills we learned throughout the year, and encourages members to step out of their comfort zone and try something new.

Halloween Party: We hold our annual Halloween Party which is open to the public, and provides anyone, including families with kids, an opportunity to interact and learn about horses in a safe and fun environment. We have several stations with horses, halloween themed games, costume contests, lots of candy, and more. Usually this event takes place the Wednesday before Halloween at the CSU Equine Center.

Other: Throughout the year, we have had many events like club movie nights at the Holiday Drive-In theater, and line dancing nights at the Sundance Steakhouse and Saloon. At these events, members are encouraged to bring friends or family along to participate as well. We also have a yearly Holiday Party before winter break, where we have a Secret Santa gift exchange, and other winter themed games.

Contact Info-

Email: mountainridershc@gmail.com
Phone: 303-720-1101
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MountainRidersHorseClub/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/csu_mountainriders/