Workouts to do at Home

Sponsored Content

By Laura Studley

Not everyone can afford a gym membership or have the time to go to the recreation center on campus, but these workouts can help keep you healthy from the comfort of your own home.

FORWARD LUNGES

These may seem easy but try doing 25 and you’ll feel the burn.

To do this, simply place one foot in front of you and bend that leg in an L shape (90 degrees) while bending your back leg to accommodate the front leg so that you keep your balance. Make sure that your back knee isn’t touching the ground and hold that position.

PLANK

Your back and abs will get a workout with this exercise.

Lay on your stomach and prop yourself up with your elbows, support your lower body with your feet and hold that position. Try to keep your back straight like a table.

PUSHUPS

Get those arms in shape in no time.

Lay with your stomach facing the ground using your arms and legs, lift your body up. When going back down, make sure your stomach/chest does not touch the ground. Keep yourself supported with your arms at a 90-degree angle.

YOGA POSES

There are many yoga positions that can both increase flexibility and strength. Some easy yoga positions you can do in your home include downward dog, mountain pose and warrior.

CRUNCH

Abs of steel are not out of the realm of possibility with this exercise. Lay flat on your back with your knees bent. Lift your upper body with your arms extended in front of you.

WALL SITS

Strengthen your legs with ease with this exercise. Find a wall in your home that has enough space for you to lean against it. With your back against the wall, go into a sitting position with your knees bent at 90 degrees and hold it there for 60 seconds. Do as many reps as desired.