The Bass Fishing Club

SPONSERED CONTENT

By Kaito Ajiro

The primary purpose of the Bass Fishing Club is to encourage camaraderie, sportsmanship, integrity, conservation, and development of the skills and knowledge needed to be successful anglers by competing with other schools in FLW and BASS Tournaments locally and nationally. The team has been passed down from the previous president Adam Deakin, to Kaito Ajiro.

Last year the team has traveled to Toledo Bend in Louisiana, Sam Rayburn in Texas, Fort Gibson in Oklahoma, Clear Lake in California, and locally Pueblo reservoir. Our team does have a Advisor, Chris Myrick which allows us to be excused from class much like basketball or volleyball for travel competition. This tournament is team oriented by having a pair competing as one. Each pair has a bass boat and a truck to tow the boat to the location of the tournament, and the actual fishing equipment is not provided by the team. Which already seems expensive, but what we do to work around this issue is to find sponsors to help us with travel expenses and equipment. Currently the team is sponsored by Pedersen Toyota, Lucky Craft USA, and Trokar Hooks.

Finding sponsors is a great way to get your foot in the door with companies that may give you an internship which hopefully could lead to a job. If you have never heard of Bass fishing tournament its a 2-3 day event, where each day we have from 7am-3pm to catch our 5 heaviest fish and at the end of those days the team with the heaviest bag would win. Our first meeting will be kicking off during the month of September, if you would like more information please email kaitoajiro@gmail.com.

Bass Fishing Club