Update: Comfort Dental fire unrelated to July 29 car accident

Update 1:11 p.m.

Poudre Fire Authority has confirmed the Comfort Dental the fire occurred in, is the same Comfort Dental that was affected by a car crashing into it on July 29. The fire is not a result of any damage the car crash may have caused, according to PFA.

11:55 a.m. Fire damages Comfort Dental

Firefighters responded to a report at 3:12 a.m. of a possible explosion and fire in a Comfort Dental office in the 900 block of South Lemay Avenue. When crews arrived the one story, block building had fire coming out of two windows on the street-side.

According to a Poudre Fire Authority press release, “an aggressive attack was able to knock down most of the fire in five minutes with full control coming about 30 minutes later.”

Two exams rooms and storage areas were reported to have suffered heavy fire damage, with the remainder of the building incurring heavy smoke damage. No one was hurt in the fire.

Poudre Fire Authority investigators to determine the origin and cause of the fire.

This story is developing. Stay with the Collegian as we get more information.