CSU begins their 2019 recruiting class off with a guard

2019 point guard Isaiah Stevens announced his verbal commitment to Colorado State on Monday evening via Twitter.

Stevens, listed as 5’11 and 160 pounds on 247sports, also received offers from SMU, Mississippi State, SMU, UTEP, Towson, Weber State and Bradley University.

In addition, schools such as Boston University and San Diego displayed interest in the point guard.

Stevens is a native of Allen, Texas and currently plays for Allen High School. The point guard has not garnered much national attention as shown by his lack of ranking on both 247sports and Rivals.

However, Stevens is a member of Team Faith in the Gold Gauntlet AAU league. On Team Faith, Stevens plays alongside Greg Brown III, a five-star, class of 2020 power forward who has received offers from a plethora of programs including Kansas, UCLA and Texas A&M. Brown is listed as the fifth-best player nationally in the class of 2020 by 247sports.

Three-star recruit and 2019 Baylor commit Jordan Turner also plays for Team Faith.

In four games played, Stevens has averaged 8.5 points and 3.3 assists per game for the club.

Stevens becomes the first commit in Niko Medved’s 2019 class.

Collegian sports reporter Eddie Herz can be reached at sports@collegian.com or on Twitter @Eddie_Herz.