Colorado State announces signing of junior college forward Che Bob

Che Bob. (Photo Courtesy of Yahoo! Sports)

Colorado State has signed South Plains Junior College forward Che Bob to a National Letter of Intent, the school announced in a press release Monday afternoon.

Bob, who hails from the same junior college program as former Ram Stanton Kidd and upcoming senior Emmanuel Omogbo, will have two years of eligibility left after spending the past two seasons at SPC. This past season, he played in 28 games with 11 starts, averaging 15.5 points and 7.9 rebounds a contest en route to earning All-Region V and All-Western Junior College Athletic Conference (WJCAC) First Team honors and being named WJCAC Newcomer of the Year. He shot 49.8 percent from the floor and 71.4 percent from the free throw line and added 40 steals and 30 blocks. He scored a career-best 37 points earlier this season against the New Mexico Military Institute and had eight games of 20 points or more.

“Che is a guy that can do everything on the floor and really fits what we do offensively and defensively,” Eustachy said in the press release. “Che is a guy that is a mismatch on the offensive end and can defensively guard multiple positions. With his length and athleticism, he is an elite-level rebounder and defender. He is an ultra-competitive guy and loves to win.”

A three-star recruit by ESPN out of high school, Bob helped Arlington Country Day (FL) School to a No. 7 national ranking and a 30-4 record as a senior. Following his time at Arlington Country Day, Bob spent a prep year at Kennedy Charter, he averaged 22.1 points per game his senior season. 

A 6-foot-6 forward, Bob should provide an immediate scoring punch for the Rams, while adding depth on the wing, an area CSU desperately needed players after the graduation of seniors Joe De Ciman and Fred Richardson III. Following the departures of redshirt freshman Toby Van Ry and redshirt junior John Gillon, CSU still has four remaining scholarships to fill. Bob joins Hill College guard Devocio Butler in the Rams’ 2016 recruiting class. 

Collegian Senior Sports Reporter Keegan Pope can be reached at kpope@collegian.com and on Twitter @ByKeeganPope.