CSU football Q&A on annual Border War

Collegian football beat reporter Cali Rastrelli asked questions to the CSU football team about the Rams’ annual Border War game with Wyoming.

What will it take for you to beat Wyoming?

Head coach Jim McElwain: “Finish. It’s paying attention to the details, not having those lapses. That’s something that we need to get taken care of.”

TE Crockett Gillmore: “Do your job.”

QB Garrett Grayson: “When they punch us in the mouth, we’ve got to punch them back.”

C Weston Richburg: “Get every guy on board, get every guy doing what they are supposed to do so we can get the ball rolling.”

Rocky Mountain Showdown or Border War?

Richburg: “They’re both different. Against CU is for bragging rights for the state of Colorado, and this is just a big one. There’s more ties, more hatred with this one.”

Grayson: “This one might be bigger right now, because they’ve beat us the last four years.”

Mac: “Well with the proximity of the two schools, I mean people up there come down and shop at our Wal-mart so I think that’s part of it. It’s something special.”

What does this rivalry mean to you?

Richburg: “It’s huge, I’d like to bring the boot back for my last year, and give it to the younger guys.”

DB Trent Matthews: “It means a lot because we lost last year. We have stuff to prove, winning this game will bring more confidence.”

Mac: “It means so much to so many people. I appreciate historical landmarks and this is one of those games. It makes college football what it is. We get to play in one of the longest-standing rivalries this side of Mississippi, and that’s pretty cool.”