5 Strategies for Landing Your Dream Job After Graduation

Graduated and feeling lost about your next steps? Looking to set up your life, find a good job, and earn money? Who doesn’t want that, right?...

Our Print Edition
Courtesy of Democratic Socialists of America Fort Collins
Palestine Benefit Concert supports local families through art, music
Cadence Cardona, Staff Reporter • July 14, 2024
National: Shooting at Trump rally leaves attendee dead, violence condemned by Colorado politicians
Allie Seibel, Editor in Chief • July 14, 2024
A graphic of a mother and daughter walking down a red, white and blue striped path facing fireworks in the distance. At the base of the path is a small brown truck.
Fort Collins' annual Independence Day Parade draws international crowd
Sophia Masia, Staff Reporter • July 9, 2024
In an indoor gym, a woman track athlete holds a shotput ball above her head in preparation to throw.
Morris, Lesnar, Hawkins represent Rams in US Summer Olympics team trials
Adam Gross, Staff Reporter • July 7, 2024
View All

Weather: strong storms likely on Monday

After last week’s heat wave, cooler fall temperatures have finally begun to settle in to Northern Colorado. The summer is not completely gone though. In Monday’s hour-by-hour planner, storms are forecast for the afternoon. A strong upper-level low pressure system will slowly pass over the area beginning Monday afternoon. If you plan on being out any time from 3:00 p.m. to midnight, bring an umbrella and a jacket. The main threats appear to be heavy rain and high winds; hail cannot be ruled out though.

Slide1

After sunset the storms will lose the heat they need to remain strong, so expect weaker showers through about midnight. It will be pretty chilly as well, 50s for most of the night. Bring a jacket.

Slide1

Storms on Monday will strengthen as they move east of Fort Collins – larger hail, damaging winds, and tornadoes are all possible. I will be keeping a watchful eye on that throughout the afternoon and evening. Storms out east could also produce up to an inch of rain, whereas about a half an inch at CSU looks reasonable.

Tuesday will see plenty of cloud cover again, but the storms look much weaker. A stray shower in the mid-afternoon is the best bet for any precipitation.

Wednesday, however, will see the return of rain-packed storms. Additional heavy rainfall is expected all throughout the day, and it will be significantly cooler too.

By Thursday and Friday, the upper-level low pressure will migrate away from the area. This ushers in much drier air. Mostly sunny skies and seasonal temperatures return. The weekend looks to be in the low 70s and sunny.

Slide1

Have a great Monday! Stay weather aware, don’t forget an umbrella and keep it here for all your weather updates!