Holiday Issue: Four Holiday Happenings You Don’t Want to Miss

What better way is there to get in the spirit of the season than horse drawn carriage rides, thousands of twinkling lights and shopping quests? Aside from being one of the most charming cities this time of year (and every other time of year for that matter), Fort Collins offers up endless events to celebrate this cherished time of year. Start by checking off these four must see holiday happenings.

1)   Downtown Santas Shopping Quest- Go on a quest through downtown Fort Collins to fill out Santa’s list. Visit local businesses to find names for the list and if you succeed you will have the chance of winning one of three Downtown Gift Cards. The Grand Prize winner also gets to play Santa, choosing a local charity to donate $500 to. Participants can take on this quest from November 29 to December 15, so hurry before time runs out.

More info here: http://downtownfortcollins.com/events/downtown-santas-shopping-quest

2)   Canyon Concert Ballet’s Nutcracker- Immerse yourself in the classic Nutcracker tale this season. Canyon Concert Ballet is presenting seven shows of Artistic Director Richard d’Alton’s The Nutcracker. The Lincoln Center Performance Hall will be selling tickets ranging from $22-$32 for both evening and matinee shows on Dec. 13,14 and 15.

More information can be found here: http://downtownfortcollins.com/events/canyon-concert-ballets-nutcracker

3)   Garden of Lights- The Gardens on Spring Creek presents an enchanting way to enjoy the holiday lights. Enjoy the outdoor gardens, visit with Santa and meet the Sugar Plum Hairies (hint: fairies of the canine form). The gardens are open from December 6 through January 1 from 5:00- 9:00 p.m. every night.

More information can be found here: http://www.fcgov.com/gardens/programsspecial-events/special-events/garden-of-lights

4)   Horse Drawn Carriage Rides- What could be more romantic than riding down the streets of Old Town in a classic horse drawn carriage? There’s no better way to enjoy the holiday season and the thousands of twinkling lights that adorn Downtown Fort Collins.

More information can be found here: http://downtownfortcollins.com/events/horse-drawn-carriage-rides

College Avenue reporter Nicole Leicht can be reached at collegeavenue@collegian.com. Watch for your Holiday Gift Guide issue of College Avenue, on racks Weds. Dec. 11!