Fort Collins 2019 theft spree suspects arrested

Fort Collins detectives have arrested three suspects from the 2019 theft spree at the Fort Collins Senior Center and Edora Pool Ice Center, according to a press release from the City of Fort Collins. The thefts took place from October to November 2019, and the suspects were found in January. 

According to the press release, 38-year-old John Clark Harden was arrested on charges of third-degree burglary, identity theft and theft. Thirty-nine-year-old Jessica Gochis and 34-year-old Jessica Lynn Olson were arrested on charges of identity theft and theft.

Fort Collins Police Services received multiple reports of thefts from Fort Collins fitness centers in October and November. These centers included the Fort Collins Senior Center and EPIC. In these cases, a male suspect stole personal property from the facilities’ locker rooms, and stolen credit cards were used at local retailers soon after. 

FCPS said finding these suspects was specifically due to help from the public. 

“We received quite a few tips from the public that helped detectives identify and arrest these suspects,” said Assistant Chief Kevin Cronin, who leads the FCPS Criminal Investigations Division. “We’re grateful to everyone who spread the word or sent us leads. Your efforts truly made a difference in these cases.”

Ceci Taylor can be reached at news@collegian.com or on Twitter @cecelia_twt.