Group of students participating in an art class while at school in the North East of England. They are using modelling clay and a teacher is helping them through the process.
The Influence of Art Education on Student Development

Education as a whole has always played an important role in the development and formation of the individual. Art education has an even greater...

Homecoming Week brings campus-wide activities

Monday, Oct. 3 kicked off the start of homecoming week for Colorado State University, with campus events planned for the entire week. The events all lead up to the CSU football game on Oct. 8.

A tailgate took place on Tuesday on the Parmelee Hall tree area, starting off the game day festivities. Along with the Greek Life dance competition, the following evening on the intramural basketball courts.

On Wednesday, the annual Canstruction will occur at the Lory Student Center plaza, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. This event is a competition put on by SLiCE, where students compete to make shapes, such as peace signs, out of canned goods.

The canned goods are donated to the cans around the oval fundraiser, which tries to collect as many cans as possible for the Larimer County Food Bank.

Thursday will include free homecoming cookies on the plaza starting at 12 p.m., followed by a comedy show at the Lory Student Center.

The show features The Daily Show correspondent and comedian Roy Wood JR. and will begin at 7 p.m. in the LSC Theater. The show is open to students, families and the public. Free tickets available at CSUTix.com.

Starting at 3 p.m. on Friday, there will be a festival on the Oval. The festival will have live music, activities for kids, food trucks, a beer garden and on-site yearbooks for alumni.

The event is free and open to the public, concluding at 6 p.m.

During the festival, the homecoming parade will start at 4:30 p.m. The parade will start at Howes and Oak Street and conclude at the West lawn.

The parade will feature University and community floats, along with the CSU marching band, and co-grand marshals Blanche Hughes and Polly Baca.

At the end of the parade, the Homecoming pep rally will start on the West Lawn from 6-8 p.m. There will be a bonfire, fireworks and the lighting of the A. This event is free and open to the public.

Saturday morning will begin with the Homecoming 5k Race around the CSU campus starting at 8 a.m at the Oval.

The following afternoon will include the homecoming and family weekend tailgate starting at 4:00 p.m. at Ram Town at Hughes Stadium Alumni Association tent. Tickets are available online at the CSU website.

The week will conclude with the CSU football game against Utah State, beginning at 8 p.m. at Hughes Stadium. Free admission to students, tickets available for family and public through CSU Athletics.

Collegian Reporter Logan Crizer can be reached at news@collegian.com or on Twitter @logloc19.