Update: CSU football players awaiting trial

Football by .
CSU football players Cory James (left) and DeAndre Elliot (right)

Update: July 17, 2012

CSU football players DeAndre “Dre” Elliot and Cory James, who were involved in a sexual offense case in March of this year, still await trial. The next court date is scheduled for August 13 at 1:30 p.m. and no plea has been made, according to the Larimer County Clerk’s office.

Elliot is charged with three misdemeanor crimes including one count of unlawful sexual contact and two counts of second degree criminal trespass. James faces charges of three counts criminal trespass.

According to a police report, the offense took place on March 31 at 1 a.m. at the ZTA sorority house in Fort Collins. A ZTA member claims a male identified as DeAndre Elliot entered her room wanting to have sex with her.

Another ZTA member claims, according to the report, that Elliot entered the bathroom. He then, “… placed his hand up her skirt and touched her on the buttocks,” the police report stated.

ZTA member Megan Pattee told police that she and a friend were sitting in the family room area around midnight on the night of the incident, after attending a social event with the PKA fraternity. The report states that they were waiting for a pizza to arrive when they noticed a group of males also sitting in the dining area.

According to the report, “She said the males “seemed nice.” Megan said afterward when she was talking to her friends about what had happened, no one could say exactly how the males got into the house, that they had to be let in because all of the doors lock when you leave.”

It was then then she noticed another black male come down from upstairs. ZTA member Sara Crews told police, “they can’t bring people upstairs,” according to the report.

The males were identified as Cory James and DeAndre Elliot. The case was closed in May and is currently awaiting trial.

Thus far, CSU has declined comment as to disciplinary actions made by the university.

Update June 8, 2012

Rita Davis of the Fort Collins Police Service has confirmed that the case involving two CSU football players accused of a sexual offense against members of Zeta Alpha Tau has been closed as of May.

According to the report, DeAndre Elliot is charged with one count of unlawful sexual contact and two counts of criminal trespassing. CSU football player Cory James has also been charged with three counts of criminal trespassing.

The incident allegedly took place on March 31 at 1 a.m., according to the police report. A ZTA member claims a male identified as DeAndre Elliot entered her room wanting to have sex with her. According to the report, she told the man she was going to call the police and he eventually left.

Cory James was accused of entering another bedroom in the ZTA house and making sexual advances, the police report indicates.

Both Elliot and James have denied the accusations, the police report stated. Their court dates have been scheduled for June 13, 2012 at 8:30 a.m.

The Collegian will continue to follow this story as it develops.

[ORIGINAL POST]

Fort Collins Police Services is investigating CSU football player DeAndre “Dre” Elliot and other football players for an alleged sex offense occurring at the Zeta Tau Alpha sorority house in Fort Collins.

The incident allegedly took place on March 31 at 1 a.m., according to the police report. The report states that a Zeta member contacted FCPS on the that night, claiming a male entered her bedroom wanting to have sex with her. Two ZTA members reported two other similar incidents, according to the report.

The report also stated that the man was a black male with a thinner build and wearing a cast on his arm. In a conversation concerning an unrelated case, the report stated, CSU football player Nordly Capi corroborated witness descriptions identifying “Dre” Elliot as the suspect.

Fort Collins Police Services lists the case status as active and under investigation. The Collegian has contacted the FCPS for further information and will continue to update this story as it develops.