What Can You Do with a Project Management Degree?

Sponsored Content:

Many of you must have seen before a project management course somewhere on the brochure of an academic institute. You must have wondered what is a PMP course and what can it do for you. Project management course, as its name indicated, will train you how to be an effective project manager.

Benefits of a Project Management Degree

Getting a PMP degree allows you to easily find work in the project management field. The job is in demand at many industries in traditional brick and mortar business, a charity organization, and web-based businesses. They are responsible for approving the ideas to execute in the project, reviewing the budgets, and maintaining good communications with the team.

The project manager oversees all aspects of the project, from planning to hire the right people, overseeing the budget, and make sure the project is executed according to the plan. You will learn how to oversee the quality, assess risks when faced with difficult situations, delegating tasks to the team members, monitoring the progress of the project, setting up the schedule for the project, and other leadership skills.

Besides, you will also learn how to use various tools of the latest technology like Microsoft 365 that can help you with the project management task. Project management certification can also be used to apply for other management positions like operations management and supply chains management, not just the project management position in a company.

If you are interested in pursuing a project management career, you should first fulfill the minimum educational requirement which is either an associate degree or bachelor degree program. An associate degree is a 2-year degree that provides with a general education but it includes some electives on project management. You can only find a few schools that offer an associate degree in project management.

Bachelor degree is a 4-year program that will award you a degree certificate at the end of your studies. It includes general education as well as a number of project management courses. Once you finish your bachelor degree, it is up to you to enroll in a master degree program to improve your resume. Master degree program is a 1 – 2-year program that focuses completely on project management. The master degree can be a master of science of Master of Arts or master of business administration. If you decide to sign up a master degree program, choose one that incorporates an internship program so that you can obtain some on-the-job skills that will prepare you before you enter into the workforce.

You can enroll in a doctorate degree program if you are interested in becoming a professor on project management in a college. The courses in a doctorate degree program focus more on doing research. You will have to write a dissertation in order to graduate from the doctorate program.

The certification course can be taken voluntarily after you completed the degree. You can take the PMP courses in Dubai at any time in your project management career. To join a PMP certification course, you should have at least a high school diploma. Some certifications will require you to possess a bachelor degree in the same field. 

Getting certified allows the employer to look at you with higher regard. Usually, people who have many years of working experience are the ones that get certified. If you take the course after you finish the degree program, it will give you an advantage over other job applicants as most resumes only have a bachelor degree qualification. If you want to take a PMP certification course, make sure the certification is issued by a respected academy institute like Atton Institute.

Joining a PMP course can open up networking opportunities. You will get to meet other students who are project management professionals from various countries. You can learn from other experts by talking and having fellowship with them.

Earning a degree in project management enables you to earn a higher income. Project management job is in demand in various industries such as engineering, information technology, and construction. You can expect to earn anywhere from $85,000 – $135,000 every year in a project management career.

Here is a quick overview of the points discussed in this article about what you can do with a PMP degree.

1. A PMP degree will help you to land on a job in the project management field easily.

2. You will be equipped with a comprehensive set of skills from planning to execute a project.

3. Course includes lessons on how to use the latest tools for implementing the projects.

4. You should start with an associate or bachelor degree first in project management.

5. You will also want to consider upgrading yourself professional PMP title by taking a PMP certification.

6. Enrolling in a PMP course gives you the opportunities to commute with other professionals in the field.

7. A PMP degree can be lucrative as you can expect to earn $8,000 – $10,000/month if you get hired for this job position.