Six discounted shows to see at the Lincoln Center this semester

In the midst of the semester, students often forget to take time for themselves. For those who need a break from their tedious schedules, the Lincoln Center in Fort Collins offers many events for a night of carefree fun. The venue also provides Big Deal tickets, which allow audience members who are looking for discounted prices to purchase certain seats for at least $10 less than the regular price. 

Here is a list of six unique shows students can find discounted tickets for this semester.

1. The Choir of Man

On Feb. 23, musical performance group “The Choir of Man” will come to Fort Collins all the way from the U.K., bringing song, dance and live percussion. The cast consists of nine professional singers and performers, who sing everything from rock to Broadway songs. The best part is, the show is set in a traditional pub, making it the perfect destination for a good old pub crawl.

According to the Lincoln Center website,  “The multi-talented cast of nine handsome blokes sings everything—pub tunes, folk, Broadway, classic rock—all to roof-raising heights.”

Prices:

Regular – $25/$43+

Big Deal – $15

2. Aspen Santa Fe Ballet

For those looking for an elegant evening, the Aspen Santa Fe Ballet will be taking the Lincoln Stage March 5. Accompanied by a post-show discussion, the performance combines classical and contemporary ballet.

Prices:

Regular – $33+

Big Deal – $15

Student – $16

A full list of upcoming shows can be found on the Lincoln season brochure on the Lincoln website.

3. Ladysmith Black Mambazo

The Grammy-winning acapella group, Ladysmith Black Mambazo, is set to light up the Lincoln March 15. The South African-based group works to send a message of peace through their music and has worked with iconic artists such as Stevie Wonder and Dollie Parton, according to their website.

Prices:

Regular – $36+

Big Deal – $20

4. Something Rotten

“Something Rotten!” is a classic Broadway show coming to the Lincoln Center March 28-30. The production centers around the story of two brothers and their journey writing the first musical ever. Originally written by Karey Kirkpatrick and John O’Farrell, “Something Rotten!” features all kinds of fun, from hilarious songs to witty one-liners.

Prices:

Regular – $39 – $75

Big Deal – $20

5. Scott Bradlee’s Postmodern Jukebox

Known as the time machine of pop music, Scott Bradlee’s Postmodern Jukebox will bring many styles of music to the Lincoln Center April 5. Now a YouTube sensation, Postmodern Jukebox has racked up over 3 million subscribers with their vintage covers of modern popular songs.

Prices:

Regular – $40 – $65

Big Deal – $20

6. The Illusionists- Live from Broadway

The Illusionists, a traveling magic and performance group, will be entertaining Fort Collins audiences with various tricks and acts April 3-4. The group of five travels all around the world, earning themselves a reputation of being some of the most talented Illusionists today, according to their website.

Prices:

Regular – $37 – $55+

Big Deal – $20

Molly Strader can be reached at entertainment@collegian.com or on Twitter @mkstrader.