RamFest on hold after “internationally known performer” cancels tour plans

press release
The full press release from RamEvents on the status of RamFest 2018.

The RamEvents Office announced Monday that the annual RamFest concert will not take place at the beginning of the fall semester after the headliner canceled their tour, which included the on-campus appearance.

“Unfortunately, as we were in the final stages of the contracting process with an internationally known performer, they canceled their tour which included our show, due to unforeseen circumstances,” the office announced in the release.

The RamEvents office would not confirm the name of the headliner. The office said RamFest is on hold for the time being.

This is something that can happen with big-name performers and is out of our control, the office wrote. However, we remain committed to providing you RamFest and we will not let this bump in the road discourage us.

This is something that can happen with big-name performers and is out of our control,” RamEvents Press Release

The RamEvents Office apologized for any inconvenience to students and asked Ram Fest fans to continue checking RamEvents social media for any updates on the situation. 

RamFest is an annual event for the CSU community that is typically highly attended. RamEvents and other university entities work together to plan the popular event every year.

Editor’s Note: This is a developing story. The Collegian will update this story as more information becomes available. 

Collegian Arts and Culture Director Sarah Ehrlich can be reached on Twitter @sarahehrlich96 or by email at entertainment@collegian.com.