CSU to celebrate diversity with 64th World Unity Fair this weekend

Sarah Ehrlich

The Latin American Students and Scholars Association performed a traditional dance in flowing white dresses and colorful flowers titled Raíces Latinas, which translates to “Latin roots” at the 2017 CSU World Unity Fair. (Brooke Buchan | Collegian)

The 64th Annual Colorado State University World Unity Fair will bring  more than 25 cultures together this weekend. 

The fair will occur March 3 at the Lory Student Ballroom and Theater. All events are free and open to the public, and food and bazaar items will be available for purchase.

Youth World Tour, 

2 – 3:30 p.m.

Children can build gingerbread houses, learn origami and Chinese yo-yo and participate in cultural trivia. A passport will be given to be filled at each cultural booth.

International Bazaar, 

2 – 9 p.m.

Purchase gifts from around the world to benefit the Fort Collins International Center. The bazaar takes donations all year from community members who travel the globe, so there will be a large selection of unique items. 

World Talent Show,

3:30 – 5 p.m. 

Live music and dance will be showcased by various cultural groups in the LSC Theatre.

Culture Booths,

5:30 – 9 p.m. 

Learn about different countries by playing games, making crafts and trying sample dishes to get a taste of different cultures.

The CSU World Unity Fair is organized and supported by the Associated Students of Colorado State University, Council of International Student Affairs, Fort Collins International Center and the Office of International Programs.

For more information or to learn how to get involved, go to isss.colostate.edu.

Collegian reporter Sarah Ehrlich can be reached at entertainment@collegian.com or on Twitter @sarahehrlich96.