Celebrate CSU homecoming weekend with these 10 events

Ashley Potts

Friday, Oct. 13:

The Department of Art & Art History will hold an open house starting at noon, with galleries, classrooms and studio spaces open to the public.

The annual Festival on the Oval will start at 3 p.m. and feature a Stadium Sessions concert by The Burroughs, activities, food and beer to enjoy before the parade.

CSU soccer will play Boise State at 4 p.m. at the CSU Soccer Field.

The annual Homecoming Parade will start at 4:30 p.m. and travel around the Oval and through campus, featuring floats made by groups in the CSU and Fort Collins communities.

The Friday Night Lights pep rally will take place starting 6 p.m. on the West Lawn of the LSC. The event will include fireworks, a bonfire and the lighting of the “A.”

Saturday, Oct. 14:

The annual Homecoming 5k will start at 8 a.m. at Hughes Stadium. The race will take a new route this year, placing emphasis on giving participants a last look at Hughes Stadium, as it is now in the works to be demolished.

The Mob will be out in full force before the game from 4 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. The event will have free food, activities and more Stadium Sessions live music by Patti Fiasco.

CSU football will face off against Nevada at 8:15 p.m. at the on-campus stadium.

CSU volleyball will take their turn against Nevada at noon at Moby Arena.

Sunday, Oct. 15:

CSU soccer will play Utah State at 1 p.m. at the CSU Soccer Field.

Collegian reporter Ashley Potts can be reached at entertainment@collegian.com or on Twitter @11smashley.