Ramchella to feature student music performances this Friday

Ramchella, the music event put on completely by students, will be this Friday at 6 p.m. in the Lory Student Center Grand Ballroom.

The event is put on annually by the Young Producers Organization, is completely student-run and features music performances by students as well. Tickets to the event are free, and the show is open to anyone to attend. According to the event’s Facebook page, the idea behind the festival was promoting local talent while learning how to organize and run a large musical event.

Ramchella will be this Friday from 6 to 11 p.m.
Ramchella will be this Friday from 6 to 11 p.m. (Photo courtesy of YPO)

“It’s our first time doing a music festival,” said Jon Burns, senior theater major and producer of the event. “Everyone has learned a lot so far and we’ve gotten great feedback.”

Burns said that the event will feature many extremely talented artists, as well as offer merch tables to support the performers. This year the show will feature performances by No Coast Company, Rawtune, Waylo, Kind Dub, Fullmetal Turntablist and special performances by Victor Zamora and Yaya Matthews.

Along with CSU’s Got Talent, Ramchella is one of the last shows put on by YPO for the semester. Their theater shows were recieved well over the last year, and CSU’s Got Talent was one of last year’s biggest student-run events.

The show will run from 6 to 11 p.m. and tickets will be available from YPO before the show.

Collegian Reporter and Columnist Chapman W. Croskell can be reached at entertainment@collegian.com and on Twitter @Nescwick.