Best sites to find ski discounts

If you’re anything like me, I’m not the most avid of skiers. While going a couple of times a year is something that appeals to some, buying a high priced pass just isn’t worth it. For those that are looking for a single-day or weekend pass to go with friends, here are some of the best websites to go to and look for ski resorts’ passes on a budget.  

Liftopia.com 

Liftopia is a company that sells single day ski passes has reasonable prices for the college student. Almost all resorts are included and it can range anywhere from 20% – 50% off currently (though the prices may go up as the season reaches its peak during the holidays). The only catch is that you have to buy the ticket before the day you’re planning on going.

Prices:

Loveland – $28- $45

Copper – $68- $70

Winter Park – $59 – $83

Getoutskiing.com

Get Out Skiing doesn’t just do one-day passes, they also allow the user to search locations based on their skill level and offer a map to find locations closest to you. The prices are more comparable to the ski resorts but they allow for multiple days or just single days.

Prices:

Loveland – $51 – $63

Copper – $72 – $80

Winter Park – $67 – $103

Coloradoskiauthority.com

For lift tickets for 3 days, this is the website for you. Colorado Ski Authority offers major deals for a 3-day pass. These are only regular season prices, as they warn, not holiday season prices which can go up substantially. They also offer for all the large ski resorts in Colorado as well as offering lodging and shuttles. It can be on the higher side, but if you’re planning on going for more than one day, this is the website to use.

Prices:

Loveland – $195 ($65/day)

Copper – $396 ($132/day)

Winter Park – $395 ($132/day)

Coloradoski.com

Colorado Ski Country’s website offers passes for almost every peak in Colorado. But there’s a special card called the “Colorado Gems” card that they offer. It’s a $20 one-time fee and allows you to access 8 different resorts with a 2-for-1 special price.

The resorts include Copper, Arapahoe Basin, Loveland, Echo Mountain and others. With this card, it pays for itself after one use.  For those that plan on going multiple times a year and still can’t justify a $900 pass, this is your next best option.

Collegian Reporter Dallas Head can be reached at entertainment@collegian.com or on Twitter at @water4rams