KCSU Review: cozy songs for autumn

Jake Schwebach

Hot chocolate or tea. Scarves. Wind. Gray Skies. Crunching leaves.

Cozy up with the KCSU DJs favorite songs of fall. 

1. “Welcome Home Son” by Radical Face – DJ Mac: The beginning of the song with the wind howling fits perfectly with the fall and I get the feels when listening to it.
  2. “Smoke Signals” by Emancipator – DJ B-Rad. 
    Screenshot 2015-10-09 at 11.57.06 AM
    Kele Okereke of Bloc Party lays in orange and yellow foliage.
  3. “No It Isn’t” by +44 – DJ Squid.
  4. “It Was Weird” by Rodeo Ruby Love – DJ Bruce.
  5. “So Here We Are” by Bloc Party – DJ J. Schway: I associate fall with a kind of melancholy contentedness. This song reminds me to embrace the present and appreciate what passed.  
  6. “La Vie En Rose” by Louis ArmstrongDJ Alchemy: I find autumn to be cozy and romantic, this song even more so.
  7. “Fly Me To The Moon” by Frank Sinatra Stichworth.
  8. “Seasons Change” by Marketa Irglova – DJ Nightshade: Great song for a thoughtful stroll on a brisk afternoon.
  9. “Blue Ridge Mountains” by Fleet Foxes – DJ Meenbeatz: I lived right off the Blue Ridge Parkway my freshman year and hearing this song just makes me want to go back and crunch all the fallen leaves by the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains.
  10. “Autumn Sweater” by Yo La TengoDJ Fox
    radicalface
    Album artwork from “Ghost” by Radical Face.
  11. “Soft” by Washed Out – DJ Chomatone: Something about this song is perfect for this time of year. It makes me want to put on a hoodie and bike through the cold, dry air to my nonexistent girlfriend’s house, make hot chocolate and watch artsy short films cuddled up under a red blanket (oddly specific, I know).
  12. “Something’s Gotta Give” by One Republic – DJ Sapphire: Don’t know why, but I can just picture myself walking down a street with the leaves changing color for the fall season when I listen to this song.
  13. “Coffee” by Sylvan Esso – DJ Taylor: A lovely tune for the fall mornings where the fog is rolling out as you kick a pile of yellow leaves.
  14. “Up On Melancholy Hill” by The Gorillaz – DJ G-Love.
  15. “Hyperballad” by Bjork DJ Hyperballad.
  16. “Autumn Leaves” by Ed Sheeran – DJ Nova.
  17. “Autumn” by Paolo Nutini – DJ Atlantic: This song is great to sit in a robe and drink tea to.  

The playlist can be accessed on Spotify here.

Collegian Reporter and KCSU DJ Jake Schwebach can be reached at entertainment@collegian.com or on Twitter @jschway.