Five new TV shows to watch this season

After those long hours studying this semester, tuning into a new show could be just the thing to help unwind. These are just six of the many shows coming to TV that are sure to fill those nights hanging out with new roommates and old friends.

1. “Best Time Ever with Neil Patrick Harris” 

(Photo courtesy: NBC)
(Photo Courtesy: NBC)

Neil Patrick Harris is hosting a new show based on a British live comedy. “Best Time Ever” will be a live one-hour show that includes everything from musicals to pranks on audience members. This show will have something for everyone who loves laughing and comedy in any way. Watch this show on NBC Sept. 15.

2. “Fear the Walking Dead” 

(Photo Courtesy: AMC)
(Photo Courtesy: AMC)

Based as a spin-off of “The Walking Dead,” a new series is coming that is sure to interest all fans of the original show. “Fear The Walking Dead” is about the California side of the outbreak, before the original show occurs. It is also said to include members of “The Walking Dead” in the new series. The dead will begin walking again Sunday nights on AMC.

3. “The Bastard Executioner” 

(Photo Courtesy: Sidereel)
(Photo Courtesy: Sidereel)

“The Bastard Executioner” is a new one for “Game of Thrones” lovers. This show has a basis of a young knight under King Edward I. He leaves the war and takes a vow of peace, but it catches back up with him and he may have to go back into the bloody life he left. His battle will begin on FX Sept. 15.

4. “Limitless” 

(Photo Courtesy: CBS)
(Photo Courtesy: CBS)

For those that loved the movie “Limitless” starring Bradley Cooper, there is a new show that is sure to excite. This show of the same name will be the story of a man named Brian Sinclair who discovers the fictitious drug NZT and uses it for solving crime with “Dexter’s” own Jennifer Carpenter. The start of this crime-solver will premiere on CBS Sept. 22.

5. “Supergirl”

(Photo Courtesy: CBS)
(Photo Courtesy: CBS)

For those that love the action hero shows currently on TV, “Supergirl” is going to be the new show to watch. The cousin of Superman is coming to the small screen by coming out as a superhero and being the hero that’s needed. It also has the same executive producer as “Arrow” and “The Flash,” Greg Berlanti. It will be flying on screen on CBS Oct. 26.

6. “Grandfathered” 

(Photo Courtesy: FOX)
(Photo Courtesy: FOX)

“Grandfathered” combines two of the ’90s generation’s most popular actors, Josh Peck and John Stamos. Stamos plays a man who is obssessed with his career and being a stud bachelor who finds out that he isn’t just a father, but a grandfather as well. The show will focus on the balancing act of his new life. This family comedy will be turning life upside-down on Fox starting Sept. 29.

Collegian Reporter Dallas Head can be reached at entertainment@collegian.com or on Twitter @water4rams.