This Friday for Shop and Walk

Every second Friday of the month, dozens of retail shops in Old Town keep their doors open later than usual so customers can experience specials, treats and a longer time to shop.

Shop & Walk is a self-guided retail walk that enables locals and visitors to discover hidden treasures throughout downtown and explore its shopping in a more unique way.

Happy Lucky’s Teahouse & Treasures, on 236 Walnut St., will be giving out a free OmniWare Infuser Mug with any purchase of $20 or more when you mention this special.

“It’s designed to bring people out to shop a little bit later,” said George Grossman, Happy Lucky’s co-owner and chief leafster.

This Friday’s Shop & Walk will be a Girls Night Out-Spring Fling, bringing more specific fun, food and giveaways like vinyl nail samples at Akinz, on 15 Old Town Sq., and a free chair massage for your first 5 minutes at The Cupboard, on 152 N. College Ave.

The Cupboard will have plenty of activities available for all ages, including live music from a string quartet, several vendors throughout the store with chocolate samples, chocolate chip cookies on their baking sheets and even a scavenger hunt throughout the store.

“We’re just trying to get people out and about, and we will have lots of fun stuff going on,” said Marcia Erickson, the event coordinator at The Cupboard.

The Savory Spice Shop, on 123 N. College Ave., will have truffle samples by a local chocolatier, and you can enter to win a pound and a half of handmade fudge at Kilwins Chocolates & Ice Cream, on 114 S. College Ave.

Focusing on locally-sourced items and promoting their new retail shop, Blue Harvest Apparel will be featuring a “Think Green” concept, giving away a recycled Blue Harvest Apparel canvas tote bag with every purchase made.

“I’ve been really happy with our turnout on shop late Fridays, it brings a great group of women down to Old Town,” said McKenzie Hoffman, co-owner of Blue Harvest Apparel.

With new specials every month and extended hours to walk around before your dinner plans, Shop & Walk is the perfect Old Town gathering, with a variety of delectable treats, exciting sales, giveaways and a way to get out and mingle to explore the new and the old.

Go for the shopping, the food or even just the social scene. Any reason to go is a good reason, so make sure to stay tuned for what is to come for Shop & Walk on DowntownFortCollins.com.

Collegian A&E Writer Alex Lee can be reached at entertainment@collegian.com or on Twitter @aclee93.