This Valentine’s Day, eat somewhere new

With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, some of us are whipping up last minute plans. Fort Collins has plenty of affordable, student-friendly date spots with a variety of culinary options, so surely you will find something to impress your sweetie.

Rare is a new Italian Restaurant located in the heart of Old Town on the corner of Mountain Avenue and College Avenue. The rustic environment is the perfect blend of classic Italian romance while still being contemporary. With all recipes made from scratch, the food is fresh and delicious and entrées are priced at around $10-30. With something for everyone, Rare has vegetarian options as well as hearty dishes to satisfy any palette.

If Italian is not your thing, then venture out to Mason Street and Laporte Avenue. Hidden away lies Ramen Master, home of the Colorado Ramen bowl. Here, you can customize your own Ramen bowl — you choose your noodles, broth and all toppings. All ingredients are fresh, local and organic. What is not to love?

If you are craving American-style food, one of my go-to places is Restaurant 415. The environment is warm and welcoming, and the staff is always very friendly. Entrées are affordable, as well as local and organic. They feature yummy seasonal desserts (red velvet cupcakes, anyone?) and fresh cocktails. From small bites to chicken and waffles, there is something for everyone on the menu, and this is one of my favorite spots in Fort Collins.

Collegian A&E Writer Diani Riopelle can be reached at entertainment@collegian.com or on Twitter @dianirio.