Flower Power Botanicals in Fort Collins Celebrates ‘420’ all April with these amazing Deals & Promotions:

In Colorado, April is always the month to celebrate, especially if you are a medical and recreational marijuana dispensary in Fort Collins. On...

Date ideas that are better than the old dinner and a movie

ram-rumble

Dinner and a movie is a good default date, but let’s face it: you can do better. This Valentine’s Day, get out of your comfort zone and try out these different date ideas.

Go on a brew crawl

Beer

Get to know each other more over some delicious brews. Take this opportunity to try out some of the breweries that you always meant to get to but never had. Get a flight and share it with your date. You will get to taste some great beers and have a fun and unique date. Try out Zwei Bruder or Snowbank. I recommend trying the Silent Snow WIPA from Snowbank and the Dunkel form Zwei Bruder.

Have a game night

Eric Tamme plays the pinball machine named "Twilight Zone" at Pinball Jones Wednesday night. The pinball club meets twice a month and competes at different venues around Fort Collins.
Eric Tamme plays the pinball machine named “Twilight Zone” at Pinball Jones Wednesday night. The pinball club meets twice a month and competes at different venues around Fort Collins.

Go around town to different venues and play arcade games at each one. Keep score and make it a competition. If you want, you can pick one game in particular and play that at every venue, or try some different ones. Another option is to stay at Pinball Jones and try out the different games they have there. The best part about this date is that it is fairly cheap but fun.

Make dinner together

This is a good way to spend time together and have a great dinner. If you have been together for a while, try out a new recipe that you can make together. There is a chance that the food may not turn out well, but don’t worry; there is always the go-to Papa Murphy’s heart shaped pizza.

Take a stroll in the Swetsville Zoo

20140804_161322
Photo credit: Mikaela Antonelli

The Swetsville Zoo is a unique and quirky place, and it is free. It is a little far out on Harmony, but it is worth it if you haven’t been. It features a garden of metal statues of different creatures, such as dragons and giant spiders. This would be a better afternoon or early evening date. It is fun to go through the zoo with the paper guide and find out all of the creatures’ names and stories.

Gif courtesy of Giphy.

Collegian Interactive News Team member Mikaela Antonelli can be reached at socialmedia@collegian.com or on Twitter @mikaela_tweets.