20 things to do in your twenties

The checklist for adulthood often consists of graduating high school, getting a job and moving out. In the rush to become grown up, we sometimes forget to enjoy young adulthood. Here is a bucket list for twentysomethings to ease the transition from adolescence to adulthood and have some fun along the way.

1. Travel to a foreign country by yourself or without your parents. Visit the seven wonders of the world. Try backpacking for a month.
    • For an European backpacking itinerary, check out this link.
    • For travel tips, check out this link.
    • For world traveling dining etiquette, check out this link.
  2. Write a novella or book.
  3. Live alone. You learn a lot about yourself.
    • For financial tips on how to move out of your parents’ house, check out this link.
  4. Kiss a stranger (if you are single).
  5. Learn another language, even if it is only a few phrases.
    • To learn more about the benefits of bilingualism, check out this link.
  6. Change your hair. See if blondes have more fun. Try out bangs.
    • To find the best cut for your face shape, check out this slideshow.
    • Check out this website for trying on different hairstyles before getting your hair cut.
  7. Spend a day away from technology. All those items on your to-do list may be a lot easier to accomplish with a clear mind away from distractions.
    • Post graduate student Warren Hayashi studies on his tablet in the Morgan Library Monday afternoon. With the rise of use with E-Texbooks, some universities are testing technology that allows professors to track student's reading, highlighting and notetaking thorugh e-books
      Post graduate student Warren Hayashi studies on his tablet in the Morgan Library Monday afternoon. With the rise of use with E-Texbooks, some universities are testing technology that allows professors to track student’s reading, highlighting and notetaking thorugh e-books
  8. Learn something completely new or obscure, such as skiing, unicycling, playing the harmonica, microbrewing, knitting, etc.
  9. Volunteer for a cause that is important to you.
    • To find a cause you would like to volunteer for, check out this website.
  10. Go to an odd sporting event, such as rugby, curling or roller derby.
    • Check out the schedule for FoCo Girls Gone Derby.
    • rollerderby_15
    • Kyle Eichelberger breaks a tackle for a try on Monday's practice. The Rams will be having their next home game on Wednesday April 10th at 7pm.
      Kyle Eichelberger breaks a tackle for a try on Monday’s practice. The Rams will be having their next home game on Wednesday April 10th at 7pm.
  11. Cultivate a healthy lifestyle, focusing on the mind, body and spirit.
  12. Vote, not just for the presidential election. There are big issues every election season.
    • Get registered to vote here.
  13. Learn how to cook something besides a grilled cheese sandwich. Everyone eats, so everyone should be able to cook a few meals (Starting a minor kitchen fire may be a side effect of kitchen experimentation).
  14. Go to a concert with a headlining artist you have never heard before.
    • Check out the Aggie’s lineup here.
  15. Apply for a job you are not sure you are qualified for. Take a chance. You are probably ready.
  16. Have a “friendsgiving,” or celebrate another holiday with your friends.
    • Skyler Leonard and Lawrence Lam from Collegian Cooks make a "friendsgiving" dinner. Photo credit: Katie Schmidt.
      Skyler Leonard and Lawrence Lam from Collegian Cooks make a “friendsgiving” dinner during Thanksgiving break. Photo credit: Katie Schmidt.
  17. Learn an instrument, and once you master it, start a band.
  18. Put your shop skills to the test by building something out of wood or metal.
  19. Do yoga in the park.
    • Learn how yoga transforms your body here.
  20. Go to a spiritual meditation center.
    • Learn more about meditation in Fort Collins here.

Gifs courtesty of giphy.com.

Collegian Interactive News Team can be reached at socialmedia@collegian.com.