Cheap Etsy gift ideas for procrastinators

Shopping for someone that you don’t know well or finding a gift that most people would enjoy is always a struggle. It gets even harder when you are restrained to a budget; it can be near impossible to find an interesting, quality gift for five dollars.

Before you head to Walmart to pick up a gift card, know that there’s an abundance of resources at your fingertips.

As most of you will know, websites like Etsy can help you find some interesting, personal and unique gifts. It’s an especially rewarding shopping experience too, as many vendors are real people selling handmade items.

Here are some great examples of what they have to offer:

Can Handle

Tired of having warm beer after holding the can? This innovative solution keeps cans cool and allows you to keep your hand warm. The plastic handle can attach to any standard can. At an astoundingly low $0.99, this gift is sure to impress.

Handmade Soap

This gift can work for anyone and comes in a wide variety of scents.

An Ornament

While you can find ornaments at any price range, $10 seems to be the sweet spot for a thoughtful, but not overdone gift. In particular, a wooden ornament from Etsy is an awesome way to show a special someone how much you care this holiday season.

Chalkboard Wine Charms

This is a sophisticated gift that can be used over and over again and at any occasion. It’s the perfect choice for the party host or hostess in your life.

Customizable Key Chain

For only $15, you can get a simple, yet meaningful aluminum key chain with a personal touch. Their name, hometown or favorite saying would all be great inscriptions.

Phone Case

It never hurts to have an extra phone case around, and the cases available on Etsy are unique and fun, and oftentimes customization is available.

Fort Collins Print

BugsyandSprite is an Etsy shop that offers a funky prints illustrating Fort Collins landmarks, available in many colors. A print showing a section of Old Town would be a fun gift for someone about to graduate and head off to a new place.

This shop sells other skylines from all around the world, so finding a print of someone’s hometown or favorite destination is another option.

Shop Local

If none of these gifts meet your criteria or you simply don’t have time to ship anything, there is no shortage of local stores to visit.

Curiosities, Old Firehouse Books, the CSU Bookstore and many of the other stores in Old Town have a plethora of gift options for anyone on your list.

Collegian A&E Writer Aubrey Shanahan can be reached at entertainment@collegian.com or on Twitter @aubs926.