Taste of heaven at Tasty Harmony

Berries
Berries (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

Tasty Harmony is nothing short of its name. Located at 130 S. Mason St., Tasty Harmony is committed to bringing nature’s most organic ingredients to the table. The restaurant has a mostly vegan menu, and most of their desserts are wheat and sugarcane free. Serving healthy, organic, plant-based creations, Tasty Harmony offers satisfying dishes from nature’s best offerings to those who seek healthy options.

Included in the unique menu are smoothies and shakes made from fresh ingredients and unique additions. A must-try smoothie, POW!, combines almond coconut milk, mixed berries, raw honey, cacao, maca, flax oil, goji berries, spirulina, irish moss and sea salt to bring you a flavorful, tangy and sweet smoothie that sticks to its name. If you are in the mood for a sweeter and more decadent shake, try the Berries ‘N Cream — it is made from coconut almond milk, frozen mixed berries, dates, vanilla and agave nectar to create a rich, satisfying and healthy treat. Fresh juices, wine, beer and other beverages are also available.

The main menu offers starters that range from nachos drenched in cashew cheese, guacamole, black beans and salsa, to Asian lettuce wraps stuffed with fried tofu and vegetables, and topped with won-tons and a sweet ginger garlic sauce. A homemade soup of the day and salads are also available.

After experiencing a delicious appetizer of theirs, you can expect a full variety of offerings from their entree creations. Tasty Harmony is known for having the best veggie burger in town. However, sandwiches, such as the Bigboy Burger, made with a rice patty topped with beans and soy on a toasted roll with tomato, lettuce, grilled onion, pickles, Thousand Island dressing and mustard, are delicately put together and gracefully served as well. Additionally, Coconut Curry, Pesto Penne and vegetable dishes including ‘vegan meats’ and other ingredients are healthy and satisfying dishes to match almost any type of preference.

And don’t forget the desserts. They offer Raw German Chocolate Pie, Sweet Potato Cinnamon Rolls, or Chai Spiced Pumpkin Pie with Coconut Whipped Cream — the desserts to choose from are nothing short of delicious. Sweet enough to satisfy, yet savory in other aspects to leave you feeling good.

Everyday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., a lunch special is offered. You can choose a half sandwich, including their yummy tempeh Rueben, Pesto Portobello or French Philly and a cup of soup or side salad. Tasty Harmony is open Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 11 a.m.-9 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 11 a.m.-10 p.m., and Sundays from 11 a.m.-8 p.m. The service is friendly and accommodating, and the venue is warm and inviting. Don’t miss out on this healthy hole-in-the-wall gem!