Colorado State University parking remains unparalleled

Known for its abundance of spaces and cheap fees, parking lots at Colorado State University are world-renowned. 

Parking at CSU has been called exemplary by students for years, but recently the University has received a prestigious infrastructure award for their innovative work.

The success has caught the attention of other Colorado universities. The University of Colorado Boulder, University of Northern Colorado and University of Denver are all aiming to model their parking lot infrastructure after CSU. The remodels are anticipated to begin at the start of 2020.

“CSU parking is always available to accommodate students needing to park,” said Ariana Vente, a sophomore journalism major. “Especially when I am running late to class. I know my morning is going to start off right because I am guaranteed a spot, no question.”

Parking Services are understanding and accessible according to Megan Andrews, a junior graphic design major.

“CSU Parking Services are unbeatable,” Andrews said. “They are always willing to settle a dispute. I never see them giving tickets. I don’t even know what (Parking Services’) car looks like.”

Dorothy Roberts, a third-year French major, adds that the Parking Services answer her phone calls in a timely fashion when she has questions.

“I feel like I don’t pay enough money to this school and this is the perfect way to make up for that!” Ariana Vente, sophomore journalism major

“Nothing warms my heart more than spending an hour on hold with CSU Parking Services,” Roberts said. “It makes my voice feel heard.”

Though parking is not completely free for students, they are more than willing to pay the inexpensive parking fee because they want to give back to their University.

“I am on campus for 12 hours and pay for parking every day,” Vente said. “I feel like I don’t pay enough money to this school, and this is the perfect way to make up for that!”

Additionally, the walk from the Morgan Library parking lot located on the west side of the library is safe, efficient and easy to navigate.

“I have to walk from the parking lot to the library to get to work,” said Eric Shepardson, a mathematics major. “People on bikes and skateboards are always courteous of pedestrians. I have yet to see an issue where a student cannot safely cross from the parking lot to the other side of the path with ease.”

CSU is continuing to pave the way for better, safe infrastructure, one parking space at a time.

For more information about the Parking Services on campus, visit the Parking and Transportation Services website.

Editor’s note: This is a satire piece for April Fools Day. Real names may be used in fictitious/semi-fictitious ways. Those who do not like reading editor’s notes are subject to being offended.

Yeehaw Junction reporter Laura “The Stud” Studley can be reached at news@collegian or on Twitter @laurastudley.