Where to (probably) find Girl Scout Cookies in Fort Collins

A girl scout sells cookies to a man
    A Girl Scout sells cookies to a customer. Image courtesy United States Navy

Without fail, every year, the Girl Scouts of America manage to snag dollar after dollar for their delicious cookies.

It seems that regardless of where you are, there’s always a little girl nearby looking up at you with puppy-dog-eyes, sweetly requesting that you invest in her future by purchasing a box of calories. That being said, most of us are more than willing to fork over the cash.

If you’ve got a serious hankering for some baked deliciousness, here are some spots around town that you’ll likely find Girl Scouts doing their thing:

Flea Market

If you haven’t seen the lines forming just outside of the CSU Bookstore in the Lory Student Center, you must be blind. Visiting a college campus full of hungry students is genius, so get to them while you can.

The Grocery Store

These girls know what they’re doing. Sitting at a table outside of the store in their patch-covered uniforms is certain to draw eyes, and making eye contact with a girl scout means your locked in for at least a box of thin mints.

Foothills Mall

They’re occasionally sprinkled around the mall, as well, ready to catch folks in a money-spending mood.

Craft Stores

It’s mostly parents that end up shopping at places like JoAnn Fabrics and Hobby Lobby, and the genius saleswomen that Girl Scouts are, know that parents can never turn down an opportunity to support the cause.

Department Stores

It’s not just craft stores where you’ll find adults with disposable income. Places like JCPenny’s and Macy’s often have a cookie station parked out front, just waiting to nab an unsuspecting shopper.

Luckily, if you can’t manage to track down a gaggle of girls to sell you the goods, the Girl Scouts of America have a booth finder feature on their website, www.girlscouts.org.

Additionally, if you can’t figure out what cookies to purchase, we’ve got you covered in our Cookie Ranking.

Collegian Reporter Nate Day can be reached at entertainment@collegian.com or on Twitter @NateMDay