Green Report: 4/20 Events in Colorado

Redman and Method Man lie next to each other one a bed
Redman and Method Man (Photo Courtesy of Mikav of Wikimedia Commons)

Around Colorado, there are many great ways to celebrate 4/20. Here’s a list of a few ways to spend the day if you want to be out and about at an event, and a few related events in the days prior. Although not all are listed, more can be found here.

Mile High 4/20 Festival

Every year, Civic Center Park in downtown Denver plays host to a large gathering of vendors and patrons alike to celebrate 4/20. T.I. and Jeramine Dupri will have a free concert, and the event goes 10am – 6pm for recommended ages 18 and up. Food trucks will be present and various cannabis vendors will be there showcasing products from glass to vapes to other merch. Remember, public consumption of cannabis is illegal.

Method Man and Redman

The yearly tradition of Method Man and Redman at Cervantes Masterpiece continues this 4/20 at 8pm. They’ve been rocking Cervantes on 4/20 since before I was smoking and the trend doesn’t seem to stop thankfully. They are joined with Cunninlynguists, Devin The Dude, and Proximity for the longest Denver 4/20 music tradition.

Stick Figure

Stick Figure, Pepper, Steel Pulse, The Movement, and Iya Terra perform at Red Rocks to celebrate 4/20 the only way Colorado knows how, by being about a mile high. Join host Nick Swardson for a great show sure to be filled with a cloudy haze starting at 530pm.

The Colorado Growers Cup & SEVL Colorado 420 Festival 2019

In Colorado Springs at The World Famous Speakeasy Vape Lounge for a performance by Lil Flip, Whispers, Peezy & LaLa, and Gorgangutang for Colorado’s oldest running 420 festival starting at noon. On April 18th special guest and judge Lil Flip judge some of Colorado’s finest cannabis for the The King of Cups Competition. The event is 21 and older and will have music, food, games, prizes and more.

Denver Women of Cannabis

Join Denver Women of Cannabis April 17th at Nuvolution to meet with Denver area women with a passion for cannabis and change as featured speakers Kelly Perez and Courtney Mathesis of kindColorado discuss how cannabis can benefit your community for the better.

Snoop Dogg & Ice Cube at Red Rocks

On April 18th, Red Rocks will host one of the biggest names in cannabis, Snoop Dogg, along with Ice Cube, Warren G, and Tha Dogg Pound at 7pm with doors opening at 6pm. Get down with the D O double G as he and his gang “smoke weed everyday” and pleasure our ears with the sweet sounds of Long Beach and Compton.

Cannival – Elevated Music Festival

Starting Friday the 19th and going till Sunday the 21st, Cannival Elevated Music Festival will be held at I Bar Ranch in Gunnison, Colorado. The festival features bands like Dead Floyd, Triptihkal, Arden Park Roots, Bishop Gunn, and many more. The festival will have on-site camping, food trucks, glass blowers, and countless other features to keep you entertained over a three day period.

420 Eve on The Rocks

Red Rocks plays host to 311 with Method Man and Redman along with Dizzy Wright, The Green, and Jesse Royal for 420 Eve on the Rocks. See “how high” Method Man and Redman get when being joined by 311 and other artists at 530pm at our state’s best music venue.

Shakedown Street

Join one of the best Grateful Dead tribute bands at Boulder Theater April 19th at 830pm to relive some of the best Dead songs while celebrating a band that helped make 4/20 a thing in the first place.