Unlocking the Digital Treasure: A Dive into Cryptocurrency Exchanges

Ever wondered, amid all this digital currency buzz, what is the value of Ethereum today? It's a question that sparks the curiosity of many,...

Literary Stars Blaze Bright at CSU

This month the CSU Creative Writing Reading Series will launch a new season of readings and talks with distinguished literary voices right here in Fort Collins. Throughout the school year the program will play host to fiction and non-fiction writers and poets who will spend two days on campus sharing their work, meeting with students and the community and sharing their knowledge and craft. First up on September 16th is Kirsten Valdez Quade, Princeton University professor and the author of the award-winning collection of short stories Night at the Fiestas and the new novel The Five Wounds. This event will be on Zoom but the rest should be in person. Later in the year, superstar, National Book Award Finalist and bestselling author of Fates and Furies, Lauren Groff will discuss her new novel about 12th century poet Marie de France. 

Reading Series organizers did not have to look far afield for star-studded literary talent—in November, CSU professors Andrew Altschul, EJ Levy and Sasha Steensen will read in a celebration of homegrown novels and poems in an event that will also raise money to fight hunger. 

“This is such a generous space and I always learn something and feel more connected to the literary community after one of the readings. I find them very energizing,” said Ramona Ausubel, who currently directs the series. 

This year brings a new and exciting partnership between the Reading Series and the CSU Libraries. Lilla B. Morgan Writer in Residence, MFA third year Eliana Meyer, will host literary salons with visiting authors in the library the day after their big readings. 

Mindful of different levels of comfort, a Zoom option will be made available for all events. Ausubel says, “So many of us are hungry to gather and connect. This year should bring some really joyful evenings.”

For more information, please visit: https://english.colostate.edu/cwrs/