CSU Outdoor Program

CSU Outdoor Program Related Trips 8-28

Are you interested in living like a local? Well you’re in luck, CSU has an awesome program to get you one step closer to being a local outdoorsman/women. Located at the CSU Rec Center, simply sign up there ahead of time in order to participate in a trip of your choice. Here are some related trips that are coming up soon. Sign up asap as spots are limited and often fill up fast! Enjoy…

• Backpacking Labor Day Weekend (3-day) – September 1st-3rd
    This trip is designed for anyone interested in backpacking in Colorado.  It is a great introduction to overnight backpacking if you have never backpacked before – or an awesome weekend getaway into the Cameron Pass/Rocky Mountain National Park area if you have experience. This trip has something for everyone!
  • Intro to Rock Climbing – September 9th
    • Want to take your climbing skill to the next level? Intro to Rock Climbing is the perfect chance for entry level climbers to take their climbing outside. This class will teach you essential climbing techniques and safety procedures to get you on the rock every weekend!
  • Intro to Trad Climbing – September 15th
    • Placing gear, building anchors, and exploring new routes – get ready for a day of trad climbing! This class will help develop and expand your skills as a climber to explore the realm of traditional climbing including the fundamentals of leading on trad gear.
  • Backpacking in the Colorado State Forest (2-day) – September 15th-16th
    • This trip is designed for anyone interested in backpacking in Colorado.  It is a great introduction to overnight backpacking if you have never backpacked before – or an awesome weekend getaway into the Cameron Pass/Rocky Mountain National Park area if you have experience.  This trip has something for everyone!
  • Alpine Ice Climbing – September 29th 
    • Want to learn a new skill in an alpine environment? This course will introduce you to the basics of alpine ice and snow climbing and cover the fundamentals of ice axe and crampon use, self-arrest and glacier travel. This course will help to develop your skills as a climber and a mountaineer.
  • RMNP Day Hike – September 30th 
    • Come explore the beauty of Rocky Mountain National Park! This hike meanders past stunning rock formations to the remote mountain cirques, with a view of towering, snow-covered peaks.

Contact Info
(970) 491-6359
8027 Campus Delivery
Fort Collins, CO 80523-8027
CSURec@Colostate.edu