Fort Collins Philanthropist Pat Stryker has not committed financial support to the CSU on-campus stadium

Billionaire philanthropist Pat Stryker, known for founding the Bohemian Foundation in Fort Collins, has released a statement clarifying that she has not — to this point — committed financial support to the proposed on-campus stadium, and is currently focused on other philanthropic activities through the Bohemian Foundation’s programs.

The media statement can be read in its entirety below:

For the past several months, our community has engaged in a widening and impassioned debate about whether or not CSU should build an on-campus stadium. As the conversation has evolved, it has been apparent that those on both sides of the debate – proponents of a new stadium and those in favor of preserving Hughes – share a strong sense of pride in CSU and Fort Collins, and care deeply about the welfare of our community.

As I indicated back in January when this debate was just emerging, I am a loyal Rams fan and will remain a proud supporter of the football program regardless of where the team is anchored for its games. However, I have not committed to providing financial support to the new stadium project. Instead, I am focused on other philanthropic activities through Bohemian Foundation’s programs and special initiatives.

That said, I  trust that Dr. Tony Frank is proposing a plan he believes is in the best interest of CSU. I have no doubt he thoughtfully weighed all concerns presented by both sides, and will continue to take those issues into account as this process moves forward. Dr. Frank has repeatedly shown himself to be a thoughtful leader whose actions are driven by forethought, integrity and a desire for fairness. Like those on both sides of the debate, he cares deeply about the welfare of our community.

Pat Stryker

Bohemian Foundation