African American female student studying from home during lockdown
Pediatric NP Online Programs: Alleviating Gaps in Colorado's Healthcare System

In Colorado's intricate healthcare sector, the provision of specialized care to its pediatric population remains a challenge. Pediatric Nurse...

Meet the Photographer: Brooke Buchan

Brooke Buchan has been working as a photojournalist for The Collegian for four years. Buchan is a journalism and media communication senior who will be graduating after this spring 2020 semester. 

Every Friday, The Collegian posts a photographer’s favorite photo they’ve taken for the Photo Desk on Instagram. Referring to the first photo below, Buchan said:

“This was one of my favorite photos because I think it’s a more untraditional angle for food photography. I also love all kinds of food photography because of how creative and colorful it can be, so it was really fun to be able to go into Jaws Sushi and get this shot.”

Here are some other shots from the day she took this favorite photo for The Collegian

• Sushi rolls at JAWS Sushi located at 1205 W. Elizabeth St. in March. (Brooke Buchan | The Collegian)

Collegian | Brooke Buchan 2019
  • Sushi rolls at JAWS Sushi on Elizabeth Street. (Brooke Buchan | The Collegian)

Collegian | Brooke Buchan 2019

Collegian | Brooke Buchan 2019

Collegian | Brooke Buchan 2019

Brooke Buchan can be reached at photo@collegian.com or on Instagram @brookebuchanphotography.